Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tanning peeps

1. Senior Member

Tanning peeps

Advertisements
    What do I need in the way of lotions, etc? I am planning on going next weekend and setting up a membership, and I remember from going with a friend to set hers up a few years ago that they try to sell you all kinds of extras, but what do I really need? I'm fair skinned, and I want to be protected. I'm planning on doing the stand up bed if that makes any difference. Thanks ladies!!
  2. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    Do not do anything with a tingle since you are fair skinned. You should try out samples(ones with bronzer, without etc). That way you know if you want the bottle or not.
  3. Senior Member

I just started tanning last month for the first time ever! I am REALLY fair skinned and it takes forever for me to start to get color. I bought the cheapest one at the salon for about 20 bucks. About once a week I would buy a different sample to see if a good lotion really does make a difference and it so does! I stay away from the ones that tingle and the ones that have a self tanner in them because I am still fair it streaks and looks bad.
  4. Senior Member
    You should start off withOUT a bronzer so that you can get a basetan...people tend to turn orange if they start off with a bronzer before they have a base. Once you have a base switch to a bronzer, nothing with hot action though because if you're fair skinned that won't be a good outcome. Then also buy an after tan moisturizer you can get one made from hempz right at walmart.

DON'T FORGET YOUR EYE PROTECTION too!
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAMSET View Post
    You should start off withOUT a bronzer so that you can get a basetan...people tend to turn orange if they start off with a bronzer before they have a base. Once you have a base switch to a bronzer, nothing with hot action though because if you're fair skinned that won't be a good outcome. Then also buy an after tan moisturizer you can get one made from hempz right at walmart.

DON'T FORGET YOUR EYE PROTECTION too!
    plus as tempting as it may be start off with a short time otherwise you will get burned, the color takes alittle while to start to show.
    bye for now
    W~

"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, Love truly and forgive quickly." -unknown

[/url]
  6. Senior Member
    Thank you so much ladies!! I definitely didn't want to walk in with no knowledge.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    DO NOT get any lotions that say they "tingle" or anything of the sort, I got one and it burned sooooo bad I jumped in the shower as soon as I got home and it would not go away, I had a nasty rash for a few days as well as a constant burn ugh.

Other than that just start off with a short time, the person working should be able to help you decide how long. They should be able to help you pick a good subtle lotion too. You don't even have to get any at first, you can just do a regular moisturizer afterwards to keep from drying out.
  8. Senior Member
    I agree--try and use a bunch of samples first to find what you like. I'd start out with a basic bronzer. I personally use one with coolant in it and it feels really refreshing in the hot tanning bed.
    "Some things in life are just so sweet--and sweet is really not strong enough--I mean, so soothing and delicious that sometimes the memory of them is all you need to get by. You can just close your eyes and put yourself there in an instant. Your mouth waters, your eyes tear up, your heart beats fast, and it's hard to catch your breath."--Sweet Potato Queens' Book of Love