Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAKE UP FOREVER?

1. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel...

MAKE UP FOREVER?

Advertisements
    Anyone use this? Particularly the foundation? I've always wondered about it, but I'm stuck on my mineral make up and haven't yet had the guts to give it a try.
    TTFN. Ta-ta for now MSOS.
  2. Senior Member
    I have not tried the foundation, but I love their eyeshadow.

Here are reviews to check out

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...=Find+Products
    I worship individuals for their highest possibilities as individuals, and I loathe humanity, for its failures to live up to these possibilities.
  3. Senior Member
    Which foundation are you thinking about using? I had the HD foundation I think it's called. I really liked the way it looked but I wouldn't recommend it if you tend to break out.
  4. missing my marine
    missing my marine
    Blog Entries
    I've used their eyeshadows and lipglosses and I love them. I'd really like to try the HD foundation but I think I'll wait until I can actually go to a Sephora to get color matched.
    back with the love of my life
  5. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasLady View Post
    Which foundation are you thinking about using? I had the HD foundation I think it's called. I really liked the way it looked but I wouldn't recommend it if you tend to break out.
    I wanted to use the HD foundation... but I tend to be a little oily sometimes. I don't know why I keep wanting to find something else. The mineral make up works best for me and I get the most compliments with it, I just always see people using liquid make up and wonder if it would work for me. Hmm...

I went in to Sephora to try it, and they had me try Smashbox instead... which I did not like. Hmm... maybe this weekend I'll check this Makeup Forever foundation out.
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Smile

AH! Aren't we always looking to try something different. Ok here is my take... I have been a professional make up artist for 3 years and this line is Sephoras version of MAC which has been around FOREVER!!! If you tend to be oily or have sensitive skin that likes to break out you are always going to be better off with a powder based foundation (even better if it is a mineral based powder) Sometimes with oily skin you can change it up and use a liquid but it is best you try it out in the fall winter time when your skin tends to be a little dryer.
    Anyway let us know how it works out for you...
  7. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    I stick to my bare minerals for foundation..but I have makeup forever's eyeliner and it is FANTASTIC! I love their eyeliner
  8. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    Quote Originally Posted by adriana View Post
    AH! Aren't we always looking to try something different. Ok here is my take... I have been a professional make up artist for 3 years and this line is Sephoras version of MAC which has been around FOREVER!!! If you tend to be oily or have sensitive skin that likes to break out you are always going to be better off with a powder based foundation (even better if it is a mineral based powder) Sometimes with oily skin you can change it up and use a liquid but it is best you try it out in the fall winter time when your skin tends to be a little dryer.
    Anyway let us know how it works out for you...
    Thanks for the information. I still don't know if I should try it. We'll see. PS - How's being a make up artist? That is something I am just DYING to do.
  9. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CubLub63 View Post
    Thanks for the information. I still don't know if I should try it. We'll see. PS - How's being a make up artist? That is something I am just DYING to do.
    It's alot of fun! Finding work sometimes can be tricky depending on what area of make up you decide to focus on.MAC offers different classes you can sign up to take and it doesn't cost very much. You might want to take a class or two through them to see if it really is something you want to pursue without having to make that huge financial commitment to a certification school. I use them for ongoing education and of course to check out new products!!!
  10. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    Quote Originally Posted by adriana View Post
    It's alot of fun! Finding work sometimes can be tricky depending on what area of make up you decide to focus on.MAC offers different classes you can sign up to take and it doesn't cost very much. You might want to take a class or two through them to see if it really is something you want to pursue without having to make that huge financial commitment to a certification school. I use them for ongoing education and of course to check out new products!!!
    That's a great idea. I'll have to look into it. I wanted to be certified this year, but I just don't have the money for it... and you're right... it's a big commitment.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast