Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help with my hair!!!

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Confused I need help with my hair!!!

Advertisements
    MY hair has always been long thin and straight. It's nice but every now and then I want curLs. ANd when I do I use a curling iron and a TON of hairspray. IT curls but it never stays that way. After an hour it goes straight again..

I'm almost tempted to get a perm... But I still like my straight hair every now and then I know.. I hate me too..

So any tips? Ideas?
  2. We kicked Deployments ass together :)
    We kicked Deployments ass together :)
    Blog Entries
    body perm? idk i guess thats only for body and volume but
  3. Member
    what kind of curls are you wanting >?
  4. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    I'd say find a reallllyyy good hair-dresser...get suggestions from people you know with great hair 'cause some hair dressers will lie and say your hair can handle it. I think a perm sounds fun, I want one eventually but I have to let my hair grow out so they have healthy hair to work with. The appealing part of a perm is it's easier to straighten than to curl Good luck, and post pics if you get a new do!

5. Senior Member
    I just read this really cool book by Nick Arojo (sp) the hair dresser from the TV show What Not To Wear. It told you how to get the perfect hair for your hair type. You should check it out. I can't remember the name, but you could probably google it. Good Luck!!
    Sorry i went away for so long. I'm back for a bit...
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    def becareful wit hairdressers ... i have no suggestions im sorry my hair is wavy i can make it curl or straight with an iron ... but i can't do those sexy waves that i want good luck an becareful to much chemicals in your hair isnt good
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by amrie View Post
    what kind of curls are you wanting >?
    Big CuRLs.. exactly lik ethe ones you get from acurling iron.. IDK if a perm can make it look like that tho..

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I'd say find a reallllyyy good hair-dresser...get suggestions from people you know with great hair 'cause some hair dressers will lie and say your hair can handle it. I think a perm sounds fun, I want one eventually but I have to let my hair grow out so they have healthy hair to work with. The appealing part of a perm is it's easier to straighten than to curl Good luck, and post pics if you get a new do!
    Will do! Thanks GuRL.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielsMelissa View Post
    def becareful wit hairdressers ... i have no suggestions im sorry my hair is wavy i can make it curl or straight with an iron ... but i can't do those sexy waves that i want good luck an becareful to much chemicals in your hair isnt good
    Exactly!! Those are th ekind of waves that I want..
  8. Banned
    Banned
    is your hair all one length? my hair is naturally curly but I know when I have layers it lifts it more and gives it more body...Since I dont know your hair that well I'm not sure if it would work with you as well, but maybe see about some layering? It might make it easier to hold the curls
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by MissDanni42 View Post
    is your hair all one length? my hair is naturally curly but I know when I have layers it lifts it more and gives it more body...Since I dont know your hair that well I'm not sure if it would work with you as well, but maybe see about some layering? It might make it easier to hold the curls
    Interesting.. I could get a haircut and try it before doing something as drastic as a perm.. Thank you..
  10. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    say no to perms!!!! lol
    If you have no natural wave it will be harder to get the curl to stay without a lot of product. Try playing around with different kinds of products other than hair spray.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast