Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Vertical Layers vs. Razoring

1. Am

Help Vertical Layers vs. Razoring

Advertisements
    [I'm heading to bed after posting this since it IS 5am. I probably won't check this until morning but I'd love to wake up to responses. ]

I need a haircut. I have for a while. I just haven't been because I can't decide what to do. My hair is long and straight and REFUSES to curl unless it's drenched in hairspray. I want movement and curls/waves aren't an option.

I've decided (I think) on either vertical layers or razoring. I'm not really familiar with either and haven't tried them. I'm terrified of haircuts. I just wanted to know if you ladies had opinions on either cut. I tried looking up pictures but couldn't find any that weren't styled. I just want to know what they look like down since I don't really style my hair.

I rambled but I just need hair help.
  2. Senior Member
    all i can say is if you get rarzoring make sure they know what they are doing if not done right with out styling your hair everyday it will look choppy and uneven
  3. Senior Member
    i have straight limp hair and i always get it razor cut. It adds volume and movement. I have never heard of the vertical layers sorry. -- if it was done ot me i wasn't aware

When you make the appointment i would request someone who knows how to do it because some stylists don't know how.
  4. Senior Member
    I have long, fine, straight hair and my hairstylist (in colorado who I loved and trusted) suggested some long layers in front and sides, with a razor. I was nervous but it turns out, I loved it! She was very careful not to do too much cause then its just thins out the hair, but looks thick now!
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

5. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    My hair is long and thick and I had mine razor cut once... I made the ends very fine and prone to damage which I didn't like. When I came home to my regular hairdresser she fixed it! Hope you find something that works out for you. Show us picturesss.
    TTFN. Ta-ta for now MSOS.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I have wavy to curly hair and always get the best results with a razored short cut. However, its been hard for me to find people who razor.
  7. Damage Control
    Damage Control
    If it is the layering I am thinking of, I LOVED IT. The front strands started a little above my chin and as you went further back, the longer my hair got....and I have had the opposite...short to my neck in the back and below my chin in the front.

Embrace those who love you and whom you love, and rid yourself of those who will only bring you down!
  8. Banned
    Banned
    I always get my hair razorcut. Otherwise my hair looks nasty and stringy.