Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: HALP!!!!!

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

HALP!!!!!

Advertisements
    Ok. So since my husband is 23 years old and has a career and all that jazz, he decided it would be good to stop wearing the same clothes he wore his freshman year of high school. So. We went to Men's Warehouse and spent a vomit-inducing amount of money on a wardrobe upgrade. He even got designer jeans (Seven, apparently they're really good). Anyway, here's my problem:

We no longer match.

Used to be he was the bum and I was the slightly more dressed up one, but now I look dumpy in comparison. DANGIT.

I'm not buying new clothes. I'm having gastric bypass sometime in the next few months, and to buy new clothes at this weight would be an epic waste of money. So what I need to know is, what can I do to look more "put together?"

My guess is that you're going to say "accessorize." And I have NO IDEA how to do it. I just want your ideas on a few staple items and a few rules that can help me accessorize effectively. I can't stand being the dumpy one when we go out. He looks so freakin hot. BAH.

ETA And my hair sucks. Mebbe I'll post another thread for hair suggestions after taking some pictures.
  2. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Um, wear those awesome dresses you bought while I was there when you go out. Those are super freaking cute.

3. Amy
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I have NO idea how to dress, or how to accessorize. I never look put together. Luckily, my husband does not either.

Sorry, I'm no help!
  4. Senior Member
    watch what not to wear and take note on what they say to do.
    no one will know me now because my siggy is gone
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."-Unknown
    hes home
  5. Banned
    Banned
    I'm not the best at this stuff either, but since it's almost summer and all, why not just invest in some nice cheap sundresses? I know Old Navy has a nice selection, they are not expensive and they have lots of sizes! I hope this helps a little!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kef210 View Post
    watch what not to wear and take note on what they say to do.
    Ooo wish I could, don't have the channel. Good thinking tho!

Quote Originally Posted by jennypage View Post
    I'm not the best at this stuff either, but since it's almost summer and all, why not just invest in some nice cheap sundresses? I know Old Navy has a nice selection, they are not expensive and they have lots of sizes! I hope this helps a little!
    I got some really cute sundresses at Ross when Trina was here, but I feel a bit overdressed in them... mebbe I won't feel that way next to him when he's wearing nice jeans and a sport coat tho. Jerky man, being all hot and stuff.
  7. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by HollyJay View Post
    I got some really cute sundresses at Ross when Trina was here, but I feel a bit overdressed in them... mebbe I won't feel that way next to him when he's wearing nice jeans and a sport coat tho. Jerky man, being all hot and stuff.
    You only feel overdressed because you are only used to wearing that kind of stuff on Sunday. I PROMISE you they aren't like formal dressy or anything. They are adorable and casual enough to wear anywhere, but still dressy enough that you won't come off as one of those sweatpants and pit stained t-shirt people.

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyJay View Post
    Ooo wish I could, don't have the channel. Good thinking tho!

I used to feel that way in skirts and dresses, no matter how casual they were. I swear, though, the more often you wear them, the more comfortable you get in them, and you really do stop feeling overdressed. It just takes some getting used to
    Last edited by s. rosa; 05-08-2009 at 01:49 AM. Reason: can't type anymore, need a new keyboard!
  9. Senior Member
    layer clothes you already have
  10. Damage Control
    Damage Control
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyinabarrel View Post
    layer clothes you already have
    I agree

It would be easier if you posted a picture of how you normally dress and some random clothing items you have.

Embrace those who love you and whom you love, and rid yourself of those who will only bring you down!