Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Makeup Gurus- I need serious help....

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Hello Makeup Gurus- I need serious help....

Advertisements

So I've lost nearly 12lbs and I'm actually starting to (slowly) feel better about myself. I'm also going to try Metformin for my PCOS.... and from all the reviews I've read, it really helps your skin clear up.... and helps you lose a little bit of weight. I'm also hopefully going to be getting the lap-band surgery in the next 6 weeks (yay!!).... so I'll definitely be losing more weight.

ANYWHO.... I'm ready to do something different with my makeup. Normally I stick with the neutral Clinique eye shadows. And normally the goal is to hide my face .

Well, I wanna learn to enhance my features rather than just hiding zits I'm in the mood to experiment (I feel like such a dork admitting this).

I was thinking of buying one of the Coastal Scents palettes and a thing of brushes... but I'm not really sure.

Which brushes would you guys recommend for playing around with? Is it worth investing in a nicer set? I've had the same eye shadow brush for seriously almost 8 years ( that's pathetic, I know). I use brush shampoo and all that crap. It's the only one I can figure out how to use I'm just not creative when it comes to makeup

My hair is kind of a strawberry/blondish..... and my eyes are bright blue. I normally pencil in my eyebrows for a little more definition.... to match my hair color. And my skin is PALE. So basically, I'm your stereotypical Scandinavian in coloring.

Any suggestions for which color schemes I should look into? I'm absolutely clueless. Like I said, I normally go for "natural" looking stuff, and I want something different. Not Lady GaGa or any wacky shit like that....but something new

Here's a few more recent(ish) photos of me:

This is older, but you can see the color of my eyes better:

2. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    I'm just going to answer about brushes. YES! Invest in better brushes. It is worth it and they last so much longer. Sephora brand brushes are nice and don't completely break the bank.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by BrittanyJo View Post
    I'm just going to answer about brushes. YES! Invest in better brushes. It is worth it and they last so much longer. Sephora brand brushes are nice and don't completely break the bank.
    But... I don't even know what half of them are for

Seriously, I buy so much makeup..... I always get the freebie brushes..... and I don't know wtf half of them are for.... so I give them away or toss 'em in a drawer. (None of them are fancy).

Mine is kinda like this:

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I just wanna say that your are GORGEOUS!!!! I suck at makeup too
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by SammaJamma View Post
    I just wanna say that your are GORGEOUS!!!! I suck at makeup too

thank you

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

heeeeellllllppppppp!!!!!
  7. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    But... I don't even know what half of them are for

Seriously, I buy so much makeup..... I always get the freebie brushes..... and I don't know wtf half of them are for.... so I give them away or toss 'em in a drawer. (None of them are fancy).

Mine is kinda like this:

I have a blush brush, powder brush, crease brush, lid brush and highlighter brush all from sephora. That's all I need really. Oh and weird! I had that exact brush until my car was broken into and they stole my bag that had all my makeup and brushes in it.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I think browns/bronze/copper colored eyeshadows would be really pretty with you eyes and hair....
  9. ela
    I'm random and I like it
    I'm random and I like it
    From Chicago, currently living in Indiana
    Now, I don't know what brand of makeup you're looking to buy, BUT, Almay has their "Intense i-Color" makeup line which I love.

They have eyeshadow, eye liner and mascara coordinated to enhance your eyes, you just pick the products based on your eye color. I was sceptical at first, but I tried, and its works wonderfully. It might be worth trying, as the colors aren't outrageous, but the color combinations do look great!
    True strength is being able to hold it all together... when no one would blame you for falling apart.

My wifey is CubLub63
  10. Mrs Haines
    Mrs Haines
    I think earthy greens would look great on you. Like all different shades of green to brown.

I'd go darker in your crease (the browns) and blend down to the corner of your eye with lighter shades till you have green.

Like this, but with some browns in your crease.

Hope this helps....

OH! And make sure with your complexion and hair color you go for a brown/chocolate eyeliner. It'll look less drastic than if you did these colors with jet black.
    "I am absolutely convinced that there is no way around this... I have fallen in love with you" - DH

Would you believe me if I told you that fairy-tales come true .. when I'm with you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast