Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Going super short?

1. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot

Going super short?

Advertisements
    I've been debating it a lot lately to go super short with my hair. Mainly for 2 reasons. 1. To get rid of the MAJOR breakage in my hair. I have about 200 different lengths and every single strand has split ends and 2. to have less to worry about during the summer while we are out and about.

But I'm not sure what would look good, or how short is too short? My hair used to grow SUPER fast but in the last year since I took it from the middle of my back to my shoulders it's only grown maybe an inch or two

The other concern is my hair is frizzy, super SUPER dry, and I have to relax my roots every couple of months in order to get a hair brush through it. I am FAR from a girly girl and mainly wear my hair up in half ponytails but it's killing my hair so I need something else. I flat iron my hair about once a month for date night and that's bout it. I'm not handy with a blwo dryer either. I burnt myself trying to blow it straight

So what would you suggest? Keep it the length it is but keep trimming it every month and put something in it (please name something as I don't normally put anything in my hair but gel when I want it slicked back)? Cut it short, if so what kind of styles are good and in fashion with today's times?

I am so friggen clueless on how to be a girl at times.

2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    it could be your hair stopped growing because of the breakage. So cutting it off could jump start the hair growth.

I would see where healthy ends and yuck begins and start there. there are a few sites where you can 'try' different hair styles on to see how it will look on you ie super short, a bob or what not.

How short are you thinking of going?

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Do you feel the need to pull your hair back all the time? If so, I wouldn't go so short that I couldn't somehow make a ponytail out of it. But I'm mercenary when it comes to hair. If it's unhealthy, it's gots to go. I think you could really carry off a longish bob well.
    Google "shoulder length bob."

I love Origins Rich Rewards as a once a week in the shower deep treatment. Some reviews: http://www.epinions.com/reviews/Orig...ture_Treatment
  4. Senior Member
    what kind of texture is your hair? Will it curl tight on its own or are they looser curls?
  5. Wah Its called life idiot
    going to google the bob look.

I've got super dry super brilly hair. It's like a damn brillo pad when not relaxed When left to go natural, I look just like this http://www.menshairstyles.net/d/3728...+hairstyle.jpg well without the stache

I don't want to go back to a 'fro to get healthy hair. I was absolutely miserable till I straightened my hair.

6. I'm a dirty martini! ;)
    I'm a dirty martini! ;)
    I think you should do it. It will be nice for the summer, you will get your hair healthy again and short is cute!

Here is what my hair looked like when it was super short (for me). Sorry for the trippiness of the picture. it's an old picture.
  7. Senior Member
    Imo I wouldn’t suggest going super short for one if your a get up and go ponytail type of girl the grow out process is only going to piss you off.

Secondly stop using gel! Most contain a ton alcohol and if you’re having issues with dry hair it only makes it worse. When your going for the slick back, hair out of your face look, Try using a soft bristle brush and some kind of lotion or oil based product.

Another thing about breakage if your seeing most of it where you normally wear your ponytail it's most likely coming from your hair tie. One you’re either tying your hair up when its wet or the elastic is just tight, try using a claw clip for a while
    And I can not stress enough how important it is to conditioner whether you condition once a week or once a month a good quality conditioner can do wonders and get trims every few weeks to get rid of the split ends this will also jump start new growth as well.

My experience I went from mid back length to an angled bob and my hair is neither curl or straight just kind of a weird wavyish texture, so I have to blow dry and use a straight iron everyday just to look like actually did something to it. Otherwise I look like Chewbacca! Not cute at all. Its not quiet to the point where I can put it in a ponytail if I do I have a weird numb in the back of my head, lately I have gone to clip in tracks for length but those are a pain in the ass too.

I hope I helped sorry if I rambled I feel I rambled!
  8. Wah Its called life idiot
    What kind of conditioner do you suggest/use? I only put gel in my hair once a month when I go out. Pretty much every single day i get up, run my fingers through it or attempt to, then either pull it back in pony tail or take one of those elastic headbands and put it on. On Saturday it gets pushed back and I throw on my baseball cap when out at the field.

I don't even sleep with my hair in a pony tail anymore but I don't know what to do with it. It drives me absolutely crazy in my face when I'm sleeping.

9. Senior Member
    Everyone’s hair is different but I use dry hair healer its by dark & lovely
    I only wash my hair twice maybe three times a week so I use this once a week
    Leave it on for 7-10 minutes

Then I use chi silk fusion on my ends b4 I blow dry it biosilk is really good too
    Also if you have trouble blowing your hair straight I would say get a blow drier that looks like this one its sooooo much easier than using a brush and trying to blow it straight
  10. Senior Member
    Honestly, I did it. I have super thick, curly/frizzy hair too. About two years ago, I got it chopped from butt-length to a 1 inch pixie. I LOVED it, no regrets. My hair was super soft and healthy after that and has been growing back in a lot less frizzy and dry and much softer.

And actually, wearing it in a ponytail constantly is probably contributing to the damage. Ponytails put a lot of stress on the roots of your hair.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast