Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair dye question!

1. Senior Member

Hair dye question!

Advertisements
    Ok, I dyed my hair yesterday. It was suppose to be a copper brown color. Well my hair was so dark that it barely picked up any color. You can tell in the sun or in the light. But I dont like it, but I dont hate it. Can I dye my hair the same color again and then it'll pick up? Or should I wait like 6 weeks to to my roots and then do my hair all over again?
  2. Senior Member
    I don't think it would pick up the color...but I may be wrong. You could try a salon.

3. Senior Member
    Is your hair darker than the actual color? It usually doesn't work that way. Try a salon, they'll know what to do for you.
    =
    HE'S HOME!
  4. Senior Member
    I have dark brown hair almost black. The box said it would work with dark brown to dark blond . Grr I was trying to avoid going to the slon
  5. Senior Member
    The joys of dark hair Its for the best, that way you don't worry about damaging it too much

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMenchaca View Post
    I have dark brown hair almost black. The box said it would work with dark brown to dark blond . Grr I was trying to avoid going to the slon
    Sorry! I wish I knew more. Loretta's pretty good with dye, maybe she could help. Maybe just ask the salon too. I'm sure they could tell you what to do.
    =
    HE'S HOME!
  7. Senior Member
    you can try lightening it first, then dying it the same color. if you go into a place like Sally Beauty supply and ask what you need, they can help you

just dying it again the same color won't do anything.
  8. Senior Member
    If you want the color to pick up and don't want to go to a salon all you can do it bleach it
    (a really light blond may work as well) and dye that to get your hair lighter then dye over it the color you want.

Dark hair is hard to dye and get good box results if you aren't going to a salon. Maybe even get a shade or two lighter than you want.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Do not re-dye your hair right now, at least not with an at home kit. To much chemical at once can burn your hair and cause bigger issues.

Its very difficult to use an at home product on dark hair and go to something other then blond (basically lighting in). I know you want to avoid going to a salon, but I suggest going to one and having them do it.
  10. lucky im in love with my best friend
    lucky im in love with my best friend
    just dying it the same color again probably wont do anything... and if you keep trying to lighten it yourself you could damage your hair. i would just go to the salon just to be on the safe side! good luck!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast