Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me what to do with my long hair?!

1. Senior Member

Help Tell me what to do with my long hair?!

Advertisements
    My hair is really long and straight and flat and it is annoying the piss out of me. I suck a styling, so I never do anything to it because I don't know how. I want it to have more volume, but I have no idea how to do that. I've tried volumizing stuff and rollers...doesn't really do much.

I'm thinking maybe cut about 4 or 5 inches off and get it layered up to my chin. Yes? What about the volume thing? It's not very thick, but not too thin either. My mom has seriously thin flat, straight hair and she has been perming it and rolling it for years to give it wave and volume. It just looks wavy, not really curly. What would that do to me? I don't want to look like I'm still in the 80s.

Pics:

Suggestions?

Thanks!
    ~Jessie~

2. Formerly "Chels"
    Formerly "Chels"
    Blog Entries
    I think it's pretty! But if you wanna do layers, you could SO do some layers...I think it would be cute Or make some side bangs? Long swept ones..or hell, even shorter ones
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Wow. I love long hair. Have you tried teasing some of your hair to add a little volume? When I had long hair I did that a lot. I think you should just get some layers. But don't cut it. You have gorgeous hair.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

layers at the most, but please don't cut it! your hair is freaking beautiful, i'm so jealous!!!!
  5. Formerly "Chels"
    Formerly "Chels"
    Blog Entries
    Yes, don't cut it! Trust me...I have long hair like yours and about a year ago I cut it and CRIED for months...Now it's back to normal and I have vowed NEVER EVER to cut it short again!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I think cutting a bit off and adding a ton of layers would help a lot. Have you tried putting a bit of mouse in it and blow drying it upside down? That's how my SIL puts crazy volume in hers, and she has the straightest hair I've ever seen.

ETA: by a "bit" I mean 4-5 inches. It looks like it would still look really long, but not have all the weight.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    I would definately get it trimmed and shaped.
  8. Senior Member
    Thanks guys. I do sorta have side bangs. I just can't style them very well. She didn't cut them right either, I guess. They're too thin.

Every time I try and get my hair layered, they won't do more than one long layer. They say since it's so long it'll look weird if they layer it all the way up to my chin...so that's why I was thinking cut it. One long layer doesn't really make it look much different.
    ~Jessie~

9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chels View Post
    Yes, don't cut it! Trust me...I have long hair like yours and about a year ago I cut it and CRIED for months...Now it's back to normal and I have vowed NEVER EVER to cut it short again!
    lol i took that same vow. ugh. i miss my hair so much.
  10. Senior Member
    I think cutting 6 inches off (or ten so you can donate to locks of love ) Would help draw the eyes up to your face.

I like the layering idea. Maybe have them do a razor cut? So that it adds some volume?

Maybe have them fringe it around your face...

hmm you could also ask them to under cut it so it adds some body.

And you can ship your puppy to me, for it is gorgeous

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast