Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a haircut BIG TIME!!!

1. Official COOTER KICKER!!!~
    Official COOTER KICKER!!!~

I need a haircut BIG TIME!!!

Advertisements
    I haven't cut my hair since... Hmm... Last September. Its so long that it has no shape or style anymore. The (natural) curl no longer curls but its not straight. Its weird.

Its too long to blow dry it straight every day. I need a hair cut but don't know what to ask for. I know I want to keep it on the long side (about my bra strap) but the last 2 or 3 places I've gotten it cut didn't make me happy.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do with this mess of a mane?

2. Senior Member
    That's exactly how mine was. I just got brave one day and went to a new place, told her "okay, no shorter than this, I want it to have movement and for it to be easy." I got lucky and I love my cut.

Hope you find something you like. Remember though, it's just hair and it will grow back or you can get it cut differently.

3. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    I just lopped off about 3 inches. I got more layers and got side swept bangs. At first it was a shock but my ends feel so much better!
  4. I am a Pielott.. Pylot... Pilote... I FLY PLANES
    I am a Pielott.. Pylot... Pilote... I FLY PLANES
    Blog Entries
    I tend to try and spend a little bit of money and go to an actual spa.. instead of someplace I just walk into. And I don't get the new girls, i pay a little bit more for experience.. it doesn't always work but for the most part I like my hair cuts.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Pictures please

I have naturally curly hair and unless it is layered (and I mean LAYERED) it looks like a hot mess. Maybe get some layers in back while keeping the length, that way the natural wave can come through.
  6. Official COOTER KICKER!!!~
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Adkins View Post
    That's exactly how mine was. I just got brave one day and went to a new place, told her "okay, no shorter than this, I want it to have movement and for it to be easy." I got lucky and I love my cut.

Hope you find something you like. Remember though, it's just hair and it will grow back or you can get it cut differently.
    I may have to try that. The shortest I've ever had it is shoulder length and with my round face it didn't look so good.

Quote Originally Posted by BrittanyJo View Post
    I just lopped off about 3 inches. I got more layers and got side swept bangs. At first it was a shock but my ends feel so much better!
    Last hair cut she cut about 4-5 inches (it had been a good year since my previous cut) and in long layers but there was no shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin Jollyfish View Post
    I tend to try and spend a little bit of money and go to an actual spa.. instead of someplace I just walk into. And I don't get the new girls, i pay a little bit more for experience.. it doesn't always work but for the most part I like my hair cuts.
    I don't mind paying the $$$ for it if it will be something I love but the last few times I haven't loved it. I haven't even had luke warm feelings for it.

Quote Originally Posted by danyell View Post
    Pictures please

I have naturally curly hair and unless it is layered (and I mean LAYERED) it looks like a hot mess. Maybe get some layers in back while keeping the length, that way the natural wave can come through.
    I took these pics for 'Picture Girl' a few months back... November I think and I hated it. Now its about 3 inches above my waist and very BLAH!
  7. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    I'd check out some celebrity cuts. I know they have tons of websites that have them. You can just print off the picture and take it to your stylist!
  8. Official COOTER KICKER!!!~
    Thanks. I'm going to do that.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    You actually have VERY pretty hair. However I am all pro-curl but if you don't like it then finding a style that can be easily blown straight would be the best. Like I said, I'm all for layers

Good luck- and if you get anything done give us pictures! Def go to a hair stylist, preferably one who KNOWS your type of hair!
  10. Official COOTER KICKER!!!~
    Quote Originally Posted by danyell View Post
    You actually have VERY pretty hair. However I am all pro-curl but if you don't like it then finding a style that can be easily blown straight would be the best. Like I said, I'm all for layers

Good luck- and if you get anything done give us pictures! Def go to a hair stylist, preferably one who KNOWS your type of hair!
    Don't get me wrong. I like my curls when they actually curl but right now the curl is flat. Even when I blow it straight it has some curl to it for body.

I think I'm going to try what R.Adkins and BJo suggested. I've been in a hair funk for a while and I need to get out of it.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast