Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: ATM Fees

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

ATM Fees

Advertisements
    Greetings,

I'm noticing ATM fees on our bank statement. Can you explain why we are getting them now? They started a few months ago. Is this something new with USAA?

We haven't had them on our account ever.

Thanks.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

What will happen is that you are charged ATM fees at the time when you make the transaction, and they are reimbursed at the end of the statement cycle. There's been no changes that I'm aware of to ATM fees.

The other thing to consider is that USAA reimburses up to $15 per month in ATM fees (per card) so that could be it if you have been having to use the ATM more often and the fees this time are over the $15?
  3. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    the fee is charged by the machine at time of withdrawl, so you would've 'seen' the fee lumped in with your with withdrawl.

Is this a separate transaction entirely, or is it coupled with a withdrawl?

I noticed they charged me an overdraft fee, even though I have overdraft protection. And the account used for overdraft had more than enough to cover anything. I called them, they could explain why it happened and removed it for me. Perhaps they will do the same for you.

But I do concur with Tojai that the atm fees are only reimursed up to $15 or 6 transactions....

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    What will happen is that you are charged ATM fees at the time when you make the transaction, and they are reimbursed at the end of the statement cycle. There's been no changes that I'm aware of to ATM fees.

The other thing to consider is that USAA reimburses up to $15 per month in ATM fees (per card) so that could be it if you have been having to use the ATM more often and the fees this time are over the $15?
    You're exactly right!
    J.J. Montanaro is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER practicioner with USAA Financial Planning Services one of the USAA family of companies.