Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Please help....

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Please help....

Advertisements
    Ok here it goes. About 3 yrs ago, before i even met my dh i filed chp 13 bankruptcy which was going fine. About a yr or so after i lost a decent paying job, got behind on payments like cable, phone, etc but was still making my monthly bankruptcy payment of 215. Got that reduced to 50 a mnth while a found another job, which i did but wasnt making nearly enough to cover everything. Fast forward, i was in the process of changing frm a chp 13 to a 7 but i moved to another state in the process. So here is where im at....i REALLY want to start dealing with this but i dont knw where to start. I dnt want to mess up his credit. My debt was high. I dont knw how much was paid on the debts or if anything was paid. Is there someone i can talk to that can help me? I just need to knw where to start
  2. Regular Member
    The National Foundation for Credit Counseling (National Foundation for Credit Counseling) is an organization centered on providing the type of assistance you would benefit from. Here's a link to their "find a counselor now" page on the national website. I've had a number of clients, throughout the country, that have had a very positive experience working with NFCC. Give them a call, set up a meeting, and let me know how it goes!
    J.J. Montanaro is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER practicioner with USAA Financial Planning Services one of the USAA family of companies.
  3. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

Go see the JAG office on base. Bankruptcy law is a legal specialty, so they should be able to help.