Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: JJ- Help Please!

1. Mouse Addict
    Mouse Addict

JJ- Help Please!

Advertisements
    I need some help!

My great-aunt is getting up there and age and is failing fast.

Over Easter, she mentioned something about putting my name on the farm deed to make it easier on us when she does pass. If I remember correctly, She thinks that this will remove part of the inheritance tax.

I am in the will right now as the sole benefit from her entire estate which includes the farm and all acreage, the contract for renting it (it goes to 2020 with a clause that it remains valid when transferred to me) and everything else.

Is this a good idea? What actually is happening if we do that?

Just for clarification, the farm will not be sold at the time of her death. It's been in my family since 1760. DF and I plan on moving there after he gets out of the military, whenever that is.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    JJ is awesome he just answered a similar question for me-- he only answers mon- friday- so make sure you bump this up sunday or monday so he will see it.
  3. Mouse Addict
    Mouse Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    JJ is awesome he just answered a similar question for me-- he only answers mon- friday- so make sure you bump this up sunday or monday so he will see it.
    No problem! Thanks! Yup, I'll bump it up Monday morning. I spoke to my aunt on the phone today and she was like "did you look into that?".....
  4. Regular Member
    Sorry for the delay...just got back from an out and back trip to the Coast Guard Academy...very cool, I'm going to message you some specific questions that will help me give you some input. -JJ
    J.J. Montanaro is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER practicioner with USAA Financial Planning Services one of the USAA family of companies.
  5. Mouse Addict
    Mouse Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by USAA_JJ View Post
    Sorry for the delay...just got back from an out and back trip to the Coast Guard Academy...very cool, I'm going to message you some specific questions that will help me give you some input. -JJ
    I'll pm you!
  6. Senior Member
    This thread is from 5 years ago on a totally unrelated topic... you should start your own