Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USAA Deployment Benefits??

1. Regular Member

USAA Deployment Benefits??

Advertisements
    Ok so my DH and I just got married this past weekend and yesterday I called to see about getting our insurance all changed over to USAA. During the call I mentioned that we were trying to wrap everything up quickly because he is getting deployed within the month. She mentioned that USAA had alot of deployment benefits but when she transfered me to the deployment team we got disconnected and I was on my way to a meeting. DH is ignorant when it comes to all of this stuff and doesnt pay attention to all of the benefits he receives for being in the service.

Can you tell me what types of things you offer for those getting deployed?

Thank you
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    lurking.... I have no idea.
  3. Senior Member
    If you have a credit card with USAA they will drop your interest rate down to 4% during deployment, also for a PCS they will do this. Oh uhm they rebate foreign transaction fees on their credit card during a deployment. That is all that I know of off the top of my head. We have not done this as we do not have a USAA credit card but we considered getting one and doing a balance transfer but when we did the math it would not be worth it to us.

I am not sure if they do anything else.
    ~ Sara ~
  4. Today was a Fairytale
    Today was a Fairytale
    We have insurance with USAA and DHs car insurance dropped considerably! We paid next to nothing because his car was off the road & not being used. Everything was still covered. They also covered all his personal property at his deployment location for no extra fee.
  5. Regular Member
    this is definitely some good information and will be a thread I'll be lurking for a qhile
  6. wishin
    wishin
    they drop your insurance because they pretty much take him off of everything.. we did that each deployment... even without USAA. Most credit cards will lower to 6% if you tell them you are deploying also.
    Sometimes the smallest things take up the biggest space in your heart.
  7. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    DH uses State Farm and was able to put his insurance on a "deployment hold" which made it drop from over $200 a month to only $14. No one was driving his car though this is how we managed that I have my own car.

Oh and other companies like cell phone and stuff ill freeze bills as well. We froze DH's cell phone while he was gone.

Maybe it's something like that where his payments will be able to go WAY down.

Signature removed due to size.
  8. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Quote Originally Posted by sailornwife View Post
    they drop your insurance because they pretty much take him off of everything.. we did that each deployment... even without USAA. Most credit cards will lower to 6% if you tell them you are deploying also.
    Not Navy Fed. There is a SCRA thing about dropping the rate, but it applies to debt obtained prior to entering the service, which doesn't apply to us.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sailornwife View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    Not Navy Fed. There is a SCRA thing about dropping the rate, but it applies to debt obtained prior to entering the service, which doesn't apply to us.
    The 6% applies to NG and reserves when you enter active status, ie, deployment.

For active duty, it only applies as Beth indicated, prior to joining the service.
  10. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Definitely call back and speak to the deployment team. when I told them DH was deployed they sat with me for an hour and did a "review" of our finances, we found out that we had never canceled our renter's insurance for an old apartment (I blame DH for taht) and had paid six months extra, we got that refunded. We also changed his car insurance since we aren't using his truck, and they refunded that back to the date he left as well. They found a couple other things to save us money too, it was very helpful.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast