Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Car Insurance question!

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Car Insurance question!

Advertisements
    Just wondering...

I've been a member of USAA since around 2005, and I'm turning 25 in a few weeks, I've heard rumors that car insurance drops a little bit at that age, is that true?

If so, how can I find out by how much?

Thanks!

2. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by JennaK828 View Post
    Just wondering...

I've been a member of USAA since around 2005, and I'm turning 25 in a few weeks, I've heard rumors that car insurance drops a little bit at that age, is that true?

If so, how can I find out by how much?

Thanks!
    No it doesn't. At least not with USAA. We called about that when DH & I turned 25 almost 3 years ago.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    For most insurance agencies, your rates will drop after you have 9 years of driving experience. Some count your year of a learner's permit as a year of experience and some do not.

Once you both turn 25, you have the great option to start shopping around for your insurance. All State, 21st Century and Geico all lower the rates after 9 years of driving experience and no points on your record.

One thing I have found with USAA is that they use your credit score much more heavily to determine your insurance rates than any other insurance agency I have been with. If you have less than stellar credit, USAA may not be your best choice price wise.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    No it doesn't. At least not with USAA. We called about that when DH & I turned 25 almost 3 years ago.
    Oh well shoot...hahaha. That stinks!

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly519 View Post
    For most insurance agencies, your rates will drop after you have 9 years of driving experience. Some count your year of a learner's permit as a year of experience and some do not.

Once you both turn 25, you have the great option to start shopping around for your insurance. All State, 21st Century and Geico all lower the rates after 9 years of driving experience and no points on your record.

One thing I have found with USAA is that they use your credit score much more heavily to determine your insurance rates than any other insurance agency I have been with. If you have less than stellar credit, USAA may not be your best choice price wise.
    Thats really good to know, I use to have great credit, but somethings happened when I was going through my divorce, so now it's not as good. I may have to look for other insurance then, because it seems like I'm paying more then I should. But I don't know for sure until I really take a look. Luckly I have no points on my record, and Feb 1st, I'll have been driving for exactly 10 years. (If they count my learners)

6. Senior Member
    We were so excited when DH turned 25 thinking that the rate would go down. Turns out, since we are married, it doesn't matter.
  7. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCupcake View Post
    We were so excited when DH turned 25 thinking that the rate would go down. Turns out, since we are married, it doesn't matter.
    I think that's the same response we got too. Sounds familiar...
  8. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Years ago, mine dropped before I turned 25... 22, I think it was. My exdh turned 25 and it dropped.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.