Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: USAA ATM Fee's

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

USAA ATM Fee's

Advertisements
    When do you generally get the ATM fee's paid back? I have had my account for quite some time now, rarely take out money from a machine that charges a fee, but have never seen a credit for fee's...

Does it make a difference that I am overseas?
  2. Senior Member
    Right now, we get ours once a month- it's a general reimbursement on the online statement, it doesn't say it's for ATM fees. idk about you being overseas though....it might affect it with the exchange rate- I know your USAA statement will always reflect the dollar, so if your ATM fee was in anything else, your reimbursement might be for less dollars than the amount you paid.
  3. Regular Member
    Yes, it should happen once per billing cycle. For us, it's the first week of the month and when I view it online, it's labeled as "ATM SURCHARGE REBATE." The rebate is limited to $15/month and it should not matter where you are located.
    J.J. Montanaro is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER practicioner with USAA Financial Planning Services one of the USAA family of companies.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by USAA_JJ View Post
    Yes, it should happen once per billing cycle. For us, it's the first week of the month and when I view it online, it's labeled as "ATM SURCHARGE REBATE." The rebate is limited to $15/month and it should not matter where you are located.

THIS!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

So if thats not happening do I call USAA?

The ATM does not say its charging a fee, but when I take out $50 US cash, it shows up as a $50.50 charge on my account, or $40 shows up as $40.40... Am I missing some kind of other fee thats being charged but not an ATM one?
  6. Regular Member
    I'll shoot you a PM and you can give more details!!
    J.J. Montanaro is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER practicioner with USAA Financial Planning Services one of the USAA family of companies.