Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: USAA Incentives?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

USAA Incentives?

Advertisements
    Does anyone know of any incentive codes for opening an account with them? My old bank gave me a hundred dollars for opening an account. I was wondering if USAA does anything like this? Thanks
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

No, they don't need to do that to get business.
    ETA: They do have rewards that you earn, if that's what you mean. But they don't have account opening specials.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowCrystal View Post
    No, they don't need to do that to get business.
    ETA: They do have rewards that you earn, if that's what you mean. But they don't have account opening specials.
    ummm well I was just googling this after I posted and I have seen in the past they were doing incentives just like that. You make it sound like its a bad thing lol. Most banks offer incentives to get people to switch from their banks, like me I've been with my bank for over 5 years and that is a big change for me. Offering incentives is a way to lure over these type of people. It makes sense to me
  4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
    ummm well I was just googling this after I posted and I have seen in the past they were doing incentives just like that. You make it sound like its a bad thing lol. Most banks offer incentives to get people to switch from their banks, like me I've been with my bank for over 5 years and that is a big change for me. Offering incentives is a way to lure over these type of people. It makes sense to me
    My apologies. I don't recall ever seeing anything like that... we've been with them for years. If you can find something like that, run with it.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  5. Moderator

USAA is awesome, from my experience, so I don't feel they need extra incentives, but someone who has never had an account with them wouldn't know that I suppose.

I haven't ever heard of any cash incentives for joining, but I'm positive they wouldn't hide such a thing if you were to call and ask- their customer service is fabulous!
  6. Bee
    Forever his... faithfully.
    Forever his... faithfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loving View Post
    USAA is awesome, from my experience, so I don't feel they need extra incentives, but someone who has never had an account with them wouldn't know that I suppose.

I haven't ever heard of any cash incentives for joining, but I'm positive they wouldn't hide such a thing if you were to call and ask- their customer service is fabulous!

This.
  7. Regular Member
    I was on the road last week and missed this, but better late than never! While we have done promotions like this in the past, and who knows what the future holds, we don't have any going on right now.

Our free checking does offer a lot of benefits, from reimbursing up to $15 month in ATM fees to being able to deposit checks at home with a scanner or by using your iPhone. I'll let you know if we roll-out any incentives in the coming months.
    J.J. Montanaro is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER practicioner with USAA Financial Planning Services one of the USAA family of companies.
  8. Regular Member
    Oops, here's a link to information on our free checking.
    J.J. Montanaro is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER practicioner with USAA Financial Planning Services one of the USAA family of companies.
  9. Regular Member
    USAA also has awesome low-priced insurance.. I have auto/rental bundled together, and wound up paying lower when my husband and I got joint insurance than he was paying for himself alone!

USAA is great, and I don't think I'll ever have another bank!