Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Rome Financing

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Whatever Rome Financing

Advertisements
    so..my husband bought a laptop and had it financed through rome financing..he got an over the top computer..but he wants a new one now for the soon to be deployment one of my friends gave me a few "military friendly" sites for tech stuff..im a mac person i only buy macs and i do it through the apple store so im very unfarmilliar with this whole process of buying things ...anyone have any advice for the ignorant on sites like - 800hightech or mypay-computers-credit.com ....and the whole financing through rome financing..i dont want to get into one of those horrid deals where if we dont pay the whole thing off in ___ months it practically doubles...and if this is completely the wrong place to post please forgive me im new (and like i said ignorant =D)
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    umm..never mind...simple Google search answered all my questions...

Consumers who did business with SmartBuy or any of its affiliated organizations are urged to contact the New York Attorney Generals Regional Office at 315-785-2444.

including Rome Finance Company, Inc. and Rome Finance Co., LLC
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    ive been plagued by rome finance for 4 years now, because they targeted me when i was a fresh army private at the age of 18 in 2007, i was inexperienced and uninformed, and they sold me an item that had been worth around 400-500 dollars, the contract was to pay approximately 3,600.00 over a period of 48 months, and at the time i was "told" that the 19-29% interest rate, was aleady added in to the whole amount, which in reality was actually tacked on top of the 3,600.00. when i found this out i was 19 in 2008 so i contacted Rome finance and told them i refused to pay anymore as i had already payed double the actual value of the item. i deployed in 2009, and in 2010 i was informed through my chain of command, that rome finance had contacted them, and told them that i owed approximately 4,000.00 and that if i did not imediately, start an allotment thouogh dfas, that i would lose my cleapance and face separation, but unbeknownst to me or my chain of command at that time, i never had a clearance in the first place. i started the allotment, and payed through april 1st 2011, at which point i offered a settlement option that was fair, and it was ofcourse denied, and as of yet this issue has not been taken to court, but i will never pay them a single red cent again, and if i had my way rome finance, and all it affiliates as well as similar companies like Security national automotive acceptance corps (SNAAC) that target young inexperienced soldiers, would be banned from doing business with any and all united states military members and their families.
  4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

This thread is over a year old. Closing this now. Please feel free to create your own.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.