Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jewelry Insurance

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Help Jewelry Insurance

Advertisements
    Who do you have your jewelry insurance through?

My wedding band/enchancer is covered through Jared and I love them, but we got my engagement ring off bluenile.com and its not insured and I hate that.

I really wanted to use USAA for the policy, but they require home owners insurance or renters insurance and we dont have/need either of those. Just looking for other reliable companies out there that you all have had good (or bad) experience with!
  2. Today was a Fairytale
    Today was a Fairytale
    Oh shoot, I was going to suggest USAA they have a great deal. Hope you find someone!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Yea, love them and love their personal property option. I really wish they didn't require renters or homeowners!

Thanks love! Worse comes to worse might just have to get the cheapest/simplest renters just to have the personal property part!
  4. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    it might be worth to go through usaa! they replaced DH wedding band when he lost it 2 days after he got it
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    Yea, love them and love their personal property option. I really wish they didn't require renters or homeowners!

Thanks love! Worse comes to worse might just have to get the cheapest/simplest renters just to have the personal property part!
    renter's insurance is pretty cheap.
  6. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    Who do you have your jewelry insurance through?

My wedding band/enchancer is covered through Jared and I love them, but we got my engagement ring off bluenile.com and its not insured and I hate that.

I really wanted to use USAA for the policy, but they require home owners insurance or renters insurance and we dont have/need either of those. Just looking for other reliable companies out there that you all have had good (or bad) experience with!
    Are you sure the coverage you have through Jared is just warranty? I didn't realize Jared offered insurance for lost or stolen jewelry...

I have my jewelry covered through USAA. I also have a lifetime warranty on my wedding set through the jeweler.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Are you sure the coverage you have through Jared is just warranty? I didn't realize Jared offered insurance for lost or stolen jewelry...

I have my jewelry covered through USAA. I also have a lifetime warranty on my wedding set through the jeweler.
    It doesnt cover for lost of stolen, im not to worried about that as far as my wedding band goes. I wanted coverage for that more for repairs and if stones fall out and what not. My engagement ring on the other hand, It would be much more expensive to replace that so thats why I wanted insurance for it.

I checked out USAA, for "renters" and the personal property, looking like $20 a month which isn't bad... will have to talk to DH about it.
  8. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    I also recommend renters insurance and add the jewelry to it. That's what we have. And I'll tell you... the renters insurance covered my stolen iPhone after my deductible. I recommend a low deductible too.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

That was going to be my next question, I wasn't sure about the overseas things. Kuwait wasn't on their list of places and I really dont have an "address" for where we physically live. I dont know if I can give them an APO address KWIM?
  10. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    We have a physical address and I think they wanted to know what it is... but I can't say for sure. You should call them and ask them. Maybe they have a work around you could use. I can ask my cousin too. She is a government employee that works overseas a lot. They have renters and I know its not through USAA or any bank in particular.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast