Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying A House!

1. I ♥ my airman
    I ♥ my airman

Buying A House!

Advertisements
    DH and I want to get into the housing market sometime soon, preferably this year. I was wondering if there are any kind of military benefits that are available to us. My dad used to be a real estate agent awhile back and he remembered some like a lower down payment but wasn't really sure about now. Does anyone have any advice on this or buying a house in general? Thank you in advance!

By nora
  2. Banned
    Banned
    the only thing avail will be the VA loan guaranty here is the website for the best info.

also I am a licensed agent in GA and I can help answer general questions.

Loan Guaranty Service, Home Page (U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs)
  3. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    With a VA loan (which is pretty much the only thing you can do more than non military buyers) you don't have to put any money down.

be cool.
  4. Senior Member
    Your state may offer a home buyers class that you should definitely take also. I'm sure gunsgirl can help you with other questions. Isn't it nice to have professionals on here that are also military wives? I think that is so wonderful. Supporting each other, etc.

Being home owners will be so rewarding and I am so excited for you!
  5. Senior Member
    If you bank with USAA, you can also use their "Movers" program. If you buy a house through the agent they provide, you get I think $1,250 back in the form of a debit card. You can also get $ if you use USAA to finance the mortgage. We did it and loved having the $ when we moved in!

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  6. Senior Member
    The Airman and Family Readiness Center on base probably offers a home buying class.
  7. I ♥ my airman
    I ♥ my airman
    Quote Originally Posted by thetraveller View Post
    Your state may offer a home buyers class that you should definitely take also. I'm sure gunsgirl can help you with other questions. Isn't it nice to have professionals on here that are also military wives? I think that is so wonderful. Supporting each other, etc.

Being home owners will be so rewarding and I am so excited for you!
    I absolutely agree! Thank you SO much everyone for your input I will definitely look into the things you all suggested. I'm not so stressed anymore haha thanks!

By nora
  8. Banned
    Banned
    also a book I highly recommend is "homebuying for dummies" it is well written and has a buttload ( LOL yes I said buttload ) of information written in laymans terms.

( before I became an agent) we bought a home and this was my bible !!
  9. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi89 View Post
    If you bank with USAA, you can also use their "Movers" program. If you buy a house through the agent they provide, you get I think $1,250 back in the form of a debit card. You can also get $ if you use USAA to finance the mortgage. We did it and loved having the $ when we moved in!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash Mark's. View Post
    With a VA loan (which is pretty much the only thing you can do more than non military buyers) you don't have to put any money down.
    ditto...with the USAA thing even if you don't go through their agent, but have an account with them, the movers advantage can get you money back. We went through a local bank and USAA still sent us a few hundred. We went through the VA and we had a retired USAF going through it with us step by step.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Yes, DEFINITELY go to the family readiness center. They will be the best people to ask about your state and any help you can get as military.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast