Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please tell me I'm not alone!

1. Senior Member

Please tell me I'm not alone!

Advertisements
    I hate money

I forgot I wrote a check and now I got slammed with like 10 overdraft fees... I'm over $700 in negatives And I have to pay rent by Saturday.I hate Wells Fargo. I hate banks. I really need to go to Credit Union or something other than a regular bank. I also suck at managing money. Damn ADHD impulses... I really need help. I'm only 21 I need to find a job or two this summer and work like 100hrs a week...

Please tell me this shit happens to other people too and that they make it through and get back on their feet?

I feel so incompetent and irresponsible... because I am

2. Senior Member
    Can you call the bank hun? I've made mistakes a couple of times and they were able to "forgive" some of the fees for me.

I promise it will get better. Earlier this year DH and I were in trouble BIG TIME money wise. We've since gotten our act together and now we have enough to pay bills early and have some money in savings.
  3. >.< *face palm* >.<
    >.< *face palm* >.<

Try banking with Chase. They won't approve overdrafts unless you let them, so you don't have to worry about those fees.

I HATE money management. I have a budget if you want to see it. Get on skype.
  4. .:I(L)You:.Those 3 Words Have My Life In Them
    .:I(L)You:.Those 3 Words Have My Life In Them
    Wells Fargo has screw me many times. My first chance to get away from them i did!

I deposited my check in my account once (in highschool) and after i went to put gas in my car and my card wouldnt work. well i called wells fargo and what do u know. My check was on hold cuz i tried puttin gas in my car and it caused me all these over draft fees. Even tho i had the money sittin in there.

Pretty much i hate that bank!

IMy Baby Boy!
  5. .:I(L)You:.Those 3 Words Have My Life In Them
    .:I(L)You:.Those 3 Words Have My Life In Them
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    Try banking with Chase. They won't approve overdrafts unless you let them, so you don't have to worry about those fees.

I HATE money management. I have a budget if you want to see it. Get on skype.
    p.s. I Chase!

IMy Baby Boy!
  6. Senior Member
    Oh hun it happens. It actually happens to my parents regualrly, and my mom usually can get some fees reversed. So I agree with BlueBird, call your bank

I used to be horrible at it but when hubby get this MOS we had to pay close attention to our credit score and stuff. Now Im almost OCD about it, I have a ledger and everything that I keep track with and not the check book ledger either and actual book that I wirte all our bills in, amount we have, what we spend.
  7. >.< *face palm* >.<
    >.< *face palm* >.<

P.S. I have always had TERRIBLE encounters with Wells Fargo charging me astronomical fees for stupid shit.
  8. Senior Member
    Honestly I do not think it is the banks problem or fault. Yes it sucks but keep an eye on your account and it will not happen. To sailors love; as I understood your example that is something ALL banks have; a hold on a check that is from another bank.
  9. Travel Junkie
    Travel Junkie
    Aw, sweetie! Don't feel so awful! I know it feels like a hole so big you can't find your way out of, but things usually work themselves out. I don't know how, it's just been my experience that they do. I hope things turn around for you.

P.S. I hate Wells Fargo too! Been w/ my CU now since 96...
  10. Senior Member
    It happens all the time I'm sure, I'm sure you aren't alone. Don't worry, just call the bank and see what you can do. If not learn from your mistakes that's what life is a learning process.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast