Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Ugh math...

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Ugh math...

Advertisements
    So tell me if this sounds correct.

My rent is $800/mo
    They take rent out on March 15th ($400) and April 1st ($400) to pay for rent for april.
    We are moving out around April 23 or so.
    I need to get the allotment cancelled. I plan to do that ASAP. I am seeing our landlord on Sunday.
    On April 15th, my husbands paycheck should contain $400 extra? And then so on until we set up another allotment?
  2. Senior Member
    They will more than likely pro-rate your rent since you won't be there a full month. Maybe you should figure out that amount and make sure they only take that amount.

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think it is to late to make changes, but the landlord may reimburse us. She prorated it when we moved in at the middle of the month. I am going to talk about her tomorrow.
  4. He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    Blog Entries
    You will see the extra 400$ only on the 15th of April
    DH:"I never thought I could Love someone the way I love you as much as I love you!"
  5. Senior Member
    You have an allotment from DH's check that goes directly to a private landlord? Or is it an allotment from the bank? I ask because the Navy does not turn on a dime with allotments.

Based on your scenario, you should not have a deduction on the 4/15 check/bank. You will also not likely get a pro-rated rent for the month if you are in civilian housing...

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Okay I talked to my husband last night. He said the landlord agreed to prorate our rent. Yay! And I figured it up, we should have $400 extra on his check until we set up another allotment. Big yay because I was wondering how we would pay for hotels and travel before we get reimbursed. An extra $400 will really help out.