Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: **Help please**

1. Regular Member

**Help please**

Advertisements
    Ok so I got a phone call this evening from a company called Mortgage Investors Corporation. They asked us about our house that we just bought back in Dec and told us they could save us roughly 186 bucks on our mortgage. Sounded good to me so I set up an appointment for them to come to our house this monday.. I told my DH about it and he is unsure..there are so many scams out there and we just bought our home..should we even think about refinancing our home??? Were so clueless about stuff like this..anyone heard of them before? I looked them up online..its legit but do we dare???
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by airforce1_wife View Post
    Ok so I got a phone call this evening from a company called Mortgage Investors Corporation. They asked us about our house that we just bought back in Dec and told us they could save us roughly 186 bucks on our mortgage. Sounded good to me so I set up an appointment for them to come to our house this monday.. I told my DH about it and he is unsure..there are so many scams out there and we just bought our home..should we even think about refinancing our home??? Were so clueless about stuff like this..anyone heard of them before? I looked them up online..its legit but do we dare???
    Call the Better Business Bureau and see what they have on the company.

And than if it is all good let them come talk to you. Just don't agree to sign anything until you look through everything, talk to your bank, talk to a lawyer if need be.

There is nothing wrong with at least hearing what they have to say if they are a ligit company.

I don't know where you are, but I just did a quick search on the BBB website and it looks like this company has plenty of complaints. I would cancel the appointment.
  3. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    Call the Better Business Bureau and see what they have on the company.

And than if it is all good let them come talk to you. Just don't agree to sign anything until you look through everything, talk to your bank, talk to a lawyer if need be.

There is nothing wrong with at least hearing what they have to say if they are a ligit company.

I don't know where you are, but I just did a quick search on the BBB website and it looks like this company has plenty of complaints. I would cancel the appointment.
    Once again...stalking Mama cuz she is always right on!