Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Filing Taxes off the Dec LES

1. Senior Member

Filing Taxes off the Dec LES

Advertisements
    I was wondering how many of you guys have filed just going off of the December LES?

Did you wait till Jan 1st to file, or did you do it before December was over?

TIA
  2. ~"Diva, Wife, Mom!"~
    ~"Diva, Wife, Mom!"~
    Wait until the w2 comes out it's only a couple more weeks. Plus we are a two income family so we have to wait for mines anyway
    ~~Mi Familia!!!~~
    From Fort Stewart, GA 01/2008-01/2011 TO Fort Campbell, KY! 02/2011-
  3. Senior Member
    Just curious, but does anyone know if they only count the basic pay he gets over there as income, not BAH, separation, hazard duty, etc. Because the total amount on the LES is alot less than we've actually gotten. We're waiting for the W-2 to go online before we file, but I'm just curious so I know what to put when using the tax estimator.
  4. Formerly Soldierswifey25
    Formerly Soldierswifey25
    Mil One Source is going to release the Military version of Tax Cut and it will answer all of those questions. Your best bet is to wait until the w-2's are released because it can be very easy to miscalculate something just using the w-2 even though I have used it before but I wasnt comfy doing it.

W-2's come out the 20th of January but probably will be released a day or 2 early.

Its definitley important to not use the last pay stub if your hubby was deployed because there are special combat codes that will be on the w-2 that you will need.
  5. Senior Member
    Since JD was recalled from IRR, his will be posted on Jan 4, so I can stand to wait a few more days LOL, wonder why they can't do active that way too? I know there's alot of people they have to do it for, but still.
  6. Yup... you STILL suck!
    Yup... you STILL suck!
    Blog Entries
    if your dh is deployed I would definitely wait it out.. that is what we are doing cause I am too afraid that I will screw everything up and I do not want to get audited..

The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity. ~André Gide
  7. Regular Member
    It appears that combat pay counts against any EIC credit this year. I would wait to file, simply because some states wait until the last minute to release revised tax credits and you could lose out on money owed to you from your state return.
  8. They call me Mouse Potato
    They call me Mouse Potato
    I don't believe the IRS starts accepting returns until Jan 14th anyways so your best bet is to wait until w-2's are out to make sure you don't put anything in wrong.
    DH: "Your even more beautiful as my wife"

9. Senior Member
    Yeah we got his W-2 yesterday from mypay, and we've always used taxact.com, so I went ahead and filled in everything, but the full version won't be available to actually file until Jan.8