Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How much out of pocket did you spend when you bought your house?

1. SNK
    Account Closed
    Account Closed

How much out of pocket did you spend when you bought your house?

Advertisements
    I Incoming Poll
    Last edited by SNK; 01-05-2010 at 11:25 AM.
  2. SNK
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Crap, I didn't add the poll... how do I go back!?
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    What costs are you including? The only ones we had were the ones FOR the house like paint, furniture etc. We had no costs at closing.
  4. SNK
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by wb3690 View Post
    What costs are you including? The only ones we had were the ones FOR the house like paint, furniture etc. We had no costs at closing.
    I was considering closing costs ie. appraisal, inspector, etc.... You didn't have any closing costs?
  5. Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure the VA loan has fees (when we looked it would have been around 5K, less for a less expensive home).
  6. Regular Member
    Nothing, besides our earnest money. We have never had to pay any closing costs, or if we did, they were just rolled into the loan. Nothing out of pocket at closing though. All the appraisal and inspection costs were rolled into our loan. We could have paid out of pocket, but at the time, we honestly never had the money sitting around.
  7. You are here.
    You are here.
    We actually weren't required to do the earnest money deposit, but our realtor said it would be best. We did have to pay for an independent housing inspector, i think it was $400 bucks, plus a radon test. But i do believe our closing costs were paid by the sellers since we agreed to their asking price. Taxes were rolled into our escrow account. I don't think we had anything else. We didn't need any deposits for utilities. It will really depend on the house you are looking at and what the sellers will and will not pay, I suppose. Our sellers were in bad health and hospitalized, and the other offers were jokes more or less. And it may also be what your realtor advises as well, such as with the independent housing inspection and the radon testing. It was in our best interest since there were a few things that their housing inspection either never caught or never disclosed. The sellers fixed what was necessary and the rest was mostly cosmetic.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    We paid the earnest money and the inspection cost, but aside from that, we didn't have to pay anything. I mean, we had to buy furniture and stuff, but nothing else for the house specifically.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We paid the earnest money( 500) and our inspection(250). Not too bad.
  10. Senior Member
    from what i was told is VA makes the sellers pay closing costs, which is 1 of the reasons some sellers won't accept VA loans..

I paid my ernst money (500$) And then I had to pay .50 cents at closing (the VA doesn't do change , I didn't even have 50 cents! I had to borrow it from my bestie that came with me haha!!)
    my sexy beast.. and me
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast