Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USAA Car Buying Service

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

USAA Car Buying Service

Advertisements
    Maybe Rich will stumble across this. Probably not.

And yes, I'm desperate.

Does anyone have any experience with the USAA car buying service?

Long story short, we are looking to buy two new cars. Dealership #1 has agreed to honor USAA's discounted price, even beating it and giving us a better financing deal.
    Dealership #2 is giving us a discounted price, but refusing to fully offer USAA's deal. Also, when the dealership emailed me back after receiving the notification from USAA, they attemped to haggle me, and tried to sell me the car at full price. I had to talk them back down and negotiate with them, which it explicitly states on USAA's website we should not have to do, and that the dealer MUST honor the pricing if they want to be a part of the program.

They kind of have me in a tough spot, because they are the only dealership in the state with the car. And even still, it is a GREAT deal, and better than any other dealership in the area. I even checked other states, and no one can beat them.
    But the USAA pricing is FANTASTIC. And FANTASTIC trumps GREAT.

I guess I just want to know if I can complain to USAA about their practices, or if USAA/Zag can contact them and make them honor the price that's on the website. Unfortunately, I will still buy the car if they won't/can't, but since we are buying two new cars, I want to make sure that I get the best pricing as possible on both.

Rich? Bueller? Anyone?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Update (for anyone who cares)

USAA contacted me this morning. The dealership is only obligated to honor the USAA pricing for the cars they have ON THE LOT.
    Since the salesperson has to order the car from the port, they are not bound to give us the USAA price. But she gave me an awesome deal anyway.

So for anyone who's thinking about using the service in the future, they must honor the deal for any car they have available at their dealership. If they have to go elsewhere to get the car, you're on your own, but they still might work with you.

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I would also like to know about this program....

where are the people who know about this stuff?
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyB View Post

I would also like to know about this program....

where are the people who know about this stuff?
    Kaybee, I doubt we're going to get any official info.

But I'm a research whore, and I've spent the past two weeks going over this stuff with a fine tooth comb. If you have any questions at all, let me know and I'll try to answer them for you.
  5. formerly ThatOneHotNurse :)
    formerly ThatOneHotNurse :)
    What is the program? I've never heard of it
    (813):
    y-o-u-r-e= you are,
    y-o-u-r = your. you are a bag of douche not your bag of
    douche. if you're going to insult me at least do it in proper english.
    that is all.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    That's good to know. We had the same problem with our Jeep, we found awesome pricing, but they wouldn't honor it since they didn't have it in stock. Makes sense I suppose since they need to ship it, but still sucks. We never ended up getting it since I was deadset on the first price I was told.

Glad it all worked out though! What's the first car?
  7. *~Mrs. L~*
    *~Mrs. L~*
    Blog Entries
    If you are a USAA member you can go onto the site and search for cars to buy. They give you a member price that a dealership honors and dealerships that dont offer special prices. If you find cars you really are interested in the dealership is contacted and given your info. I think its great but when I did it they started calling and emailing me alot.
  8. Sesa Wo Suban
    Sesa Wo Suban
    CG! Thank you so much for posting this, I had no idea about this program. DH and I are looking to get another car. Thanks again!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Trey View Post
    That's good to know. We had the same problem with our Jeep, we found awesome pricing, but they wouldn't honor it since they didn't have it in stock. Makes sense I suppose since they need to ship it, but still sucks. We never ended up getting it since I was deadset on the first price I was told.

Glad it all worked out though! What's the first car?
    The first car? Oh, D's car. He finally settled on a Mitsubishi Lancer. Why, I have no idea.
    I'm sure he will wake up today with his mind changed. He also "officially" decided on an Altima, an Accord, a '95 Honda Civic (don't ask), a Scion, a Jetta, and a VW CC. He's insane.

I don't know if it's all worked out. I won't know until next week I guess. You know the dealership is all the way in Santa Monica?

That's another thing you have to prepare for if you decide to use USAA, that there might not be any dealers in your area who participate in the program. The closest to me are 110 and 150 miles away.

Also, you should thoroughly research all of the cars, even if you think it's something out of your price range. I thought my car would be too expensive, and casually clicked on it just to see, and found out that USAA was offering it $4,000 below invoice. So, it never hurts to just check it out.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    So glad to read this as we will be in the market for a new car soon...well a newer car than the one DH drives! I will have to check this out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast