Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How much would you pay...

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

How much would you pay...

Advertisements
    A babysitter, M-F from 7 am to 5 pm. For a 2 yr old and a 3 yr old...
  2. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    Erm, no snark intended but a full time babysitter is a nanny...you want someone to come to your house and work the hours of a full time mon-fri job? Only asking to clarify, because a nanny gets paid different than a sitter. Is this a one time deal or you're hiring a perm. position for at least a few months?

3. Formerly "Chels"
    Formerly "Chels"
    Blog Entries
    I use to babysit pretty much those same hours, and they paid me 200 a week I think. Maybe 250. This was about 3 years ago..so I can't quite remember
  4. Senior Member
    It would be about 200$ a week I would think.. I paid my sitter 6$ an hour for my 2 and 3 yr old (it was 3$ per child, per hour).. we did it hourly tho.. bc unless DH was on 12's or deployed she only had them a couple hrs a day.
    my sexy beast.. and me
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Erm, no snark intended but a full time babysitter is a nanny...you want someone to come to your house and work the hours of a full time mon-fri job? Only asking to clarify, because a nanny gets paid different than a sitter. Is this a one time deal or you're hiring a perm. position for at least a few months?
    Im not looking for a sitter, i am keeping 2 kids at my house!!! Just wondering what everyone would charge a babysitter for those hours!
  6. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberlyn View Post
    It would be about 200$ a week I would think.. I paid my sitter 6$ an hour for my 2 and 3 yr old (it was 3$ per child, per hour).. we did it hourly tho.. bc unless DH was on 12's or deployed she only had them a couple hrs a day.
    Where were you living and how recently? I charge 10$ for one and 15$ for 2 children under 5. Those are my rates when I babysit in Annapolis,MD

7. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by knehr View Post
    Im not looking for a sitter, i am keeping 2 kids at my house!!! Just wondering what everyone would charge a babysitter for those hours!
    Ohhh, do you want to be very generous to them or get the most you can without being more than daycare? 'Cause if you want the most you can get I would call the most prominent daycare's in your area and decide a rate from there. If you want to be a fair then just pick a number you can live with.

8. Member
    I would pay 400 since there are two and they are very young, I would want and excelent, qualified person, not just a "sitter"
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by knehr View Post
    for me 7am to 5pm isnt babysitting, its assisting with raising my child and i would expect a professional and pay them accordingly. i would also have an expectation on their duties, ie child basics in regards to colours, alphabet, social education as well as first aid trained, will i be providing a vehicle and is there any household duties involved (laundry, preparing dinner) etc

child care for aussies is expensive in general so i would be expecting to pay $400/$500 per week at least
  10. Senior Member
    This was up until last month in Nebraska...
    I know the CDC at Offutt was going to Charge me 93$ a week, per child, for a full time slot.. I can't recall what tier we are.. but DH is E5 and Im a bartender so I only claim the 5$ per hour.
    my sexy beast.. and me
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast