Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Just pulled my credit report....

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Question Just pulled my credit report....

Advertisements
    Can someone explain some things to me?

Since when is a credit score of 732 considered a "fair" score? I thought that anything over 720 was considered "good"???

732 is my lowest score between the 3 bureaus.... and I'm totally baffled.... because I'm anal about building and maintaining good credit. Last month when I pulled it (I pay for monthly monitoring), the scores were slightly lower... and all 3 said "good".

Does the rating system change?

Also........ I looked and noticed that the limit of my Macy's card, which I haven't used in nearly a year, has been raised from $200 to $2000. I thought they lowered it if you didn't use it?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Strange, I have a score very near yours and mine said Good.

maybe someone will have an answer for you
  3. Am
    I thought it hurt your credit to check it repeatedly?
  4. Amy
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaHokie View Post
    I thought it hurt your credit to check it repeatedly?
    It doesn't show up when you check our own score- just inquiries from banks, creditors, etc.
  5. Am
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    It doesn't show up when you check our own score- just inquiries from banks, creditors, etc.
    Ohhhhhhhhh. Good to know.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    Can someone explain some things to me?

Since when is a credit score of 732 considered a "fair" score? I thought that anything over 720 was considered "good"???

732 is my lowest score between the 3 bureaus.... and I'm totally baffled.... because I'm anal about building and maintaining good credit. Last month when I pulled it (I pay for monthly monitoring), the scores were slightly lower... and all 3 said "good".

Does the rating system change?

Also........ I looked and noticed that the limit of my Macy's card, which I haven't used in nearly a year, has been raised from $200 to $2000. I thought they lowered it if you didn't use it?
    Some card companies lower your limit if you don't use it, some raise them in an attempt to get you to use it. I wouldn't worry too much about it saying fair. Whoever is looking at your score cares more about the number.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I do believe they changed it when the excellent score was raised to 750 and now your score is out of 800. I think it is. I thought 730 was still good, though.
    www.brightscore.com is the best credit site. They give detailed info on why your score is the way it is, how many points you lost/gained and for what, and how to gain a certain amount of reports, what you can be approved for,etc. etc.

Someone posted a promotional code to get it free. I'll see if I can find it.

ETA: the code is SAIMIL1
    Last edited by Tiffy; 09-18-2009 at 08:09 PM.
    ★RagaBabe Cloth Diapers Grand Opening www.ragababe.com
  8. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Be careful what "score" you are looking at. The FICO score is the only one that matters. A lot of credit companies and banks use their own scoring - but if I'm not mistaken, what affects your FICO score and how much influence diff items have is still a trade secret. So the other "scores" may or may not be close to your FICO score. I had one site tell my score was 100 pts higher than my FICO score.
  9. I'm complicated and eccentric, get use to it.
    I'm complicated and eccentric, get use to it.
    If you're not using the Macy's card you might want to consider closing it, a open credit account will only look good on your credit if you are actively using the account and making payments. It won't hurt your credit but it's not helping you either. Closing that account can open you up for better credit offers and besides that the terms on department store cards suck.

The limit can be increase due to good payment history and time on the account, you can request them to lower it if you don't want it that high if you still want the card.

As far as I know that credit score is still considered good, maybe I should check mine again.
    <3Ta Gra Agam Ort Deus Mo Fear Ciele <3
  10. is so happy to have him HOME!!
    is so happy to have him HOME!!
    Blog Entries
    I just went to sign up for the brightscore.com site and after I clicked YES on the disclaimer, it brought me back to the main page.. .where do I go from here?
    Mommy to Gavin and Tristan
    Wife to Nick.