Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I need someone's help

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

I need someone's help

Advertisements
    I'm in a pickle trying to get my car out the shop today. I have a friend (deployed) trying to get the money. She has USAA and it would be until for me to get the funds tomorrow if she sends it western union because they charge more for over night international. So I was gonna have her transfer it to my account, so my question is does anyone know if this is free and how long it will take? If its not a problem should I have her call and customer service does it or should she do it online?
    I'd appreciate any help!

TIA
  2. Senior Member
    electronic transfers from bank to bank can vary in transfer time. The soonest I've ever had a transfer go through was 3 days, but there is another way that the bank can do it quicker. I believe there is a bit of a fee, like around $15 but it goes straight to your bank whereas Western Union costs an arm and a leg to transfer money and the more you send, the higher the transaction fee, plus you need to go find a pickup site. Good luck with your dilemma, I hope it gets figured out quickly for you.
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Do you bank with USAA?!
  4. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    This is old. I hope she was able to get her car out already.
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I know this is old - but just for future reference. You can have someone call USAA cust service and they can fwd money to your account using THEIR debit card.

My mom use to help us out from time to time when I was a young married Amn. She would just call them up, give them her debit card, and they'd pull money just as if she ran a debit anywhere else.