Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: help with how to invest/ save some loan money

1. Senior Member

help with how to invest/ save some loan money

Advertisements
    -
    Last edited by *Meg*; 01-10-2010 at 08:06 PM.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    you could put it in a money market or a mutual fund- just depends on what you want to earn on it!
  3. I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend.
    I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend.
    Is this the career status bonus they get at a certain number of years? Or an enlistment bonus?
  4. Junior Member
    I’m delighted to hear that you are planning ahead for your financial future. Investing the starter loan is an excellent idea assuming you have the majority of your debts covered. If you want to look into short term investments to provide a financial safety net for life’s little emergencies, look toward Money Market Mutual Funds. They provide safety against loss and also a highly competitive interest rate. You can also access the funds in a time of need. After that, I recommend placing funds aside for planned large purchases in the future – things like down payments on a future home come to mind. Then take a moment to dream into the future when you will be retiring.

If you can qualify for a Roth IRA (which I’m fairly certain you can), consider an investment in your retirement. Check out some options if you wish at usaa.com under the investments tab and take advantage of the free advice from financial advisors on the phone. Do some planning to make certain you can pay back the loan when it comes due, but with his pay increases and sticking to the budget, this should not be a problem. Keep up the good financial management and congratulations on starting a terrific career!

Rich Lunsford is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM practitioner with USAA Financial Planning Services, one of the USAA family of companies. Rich holds the Series 7 and 66 securities licenses. Rich also holds the designations of Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®), Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®), and CHARTERED RETIREMENT PLANNING COUNSELOR (CRPC®).

Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. owns the certification marks CFP® and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ in the United States, which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.
    Need some money advice? USAA’s Rich Lunsford is here to help. Whether its investment advice, mortgages, college finances or deployments, he’s your money coach for any question you may have so just “Ask Rich!” Click here to submit your question to CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Rich Lunsford or participate in the discussion.
  5. Senior Member
    -
    Last edited by *Meg*; 01-10-2010 at 08:06 PM.
  6. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    星系間質子動力電動觸手廣告的機器人了。星系間質子技術電氣觸手廣告機器人了!星系間質子有源電 TENTICAL廣告機器人了!,喜我達斯哈靈頓達斯哈靈頓的星系間質子動力電動觸手廣告機器人了商場和月球基地!並由於亂碼子空間傳輸,我們目前積壓在所有星系際質子動力電氣廣告機器人了!我在這裡通過儲蓄到yooouuuuu!...星系間質子動力電動觸手廣告的機器人了。星系間質子技術電氣觸手廣告機器人了!星系間質子有源電 TENTICAL廣告機器人了!,喜我達斯哈靈頓達斯哈靈頓的星系間質子動力電動觸手廣告機器人了商場和月球基地!並由於亂碼子空間傳輸,我們目前積壓在所有星系際質子動力電氣廣告機器人了!我在這裡通過儲蓄到yooouuuuu!...星系間質子動力電動觸手廣告的機器人了。星系間質子技術電氣觸手廣告機器人了!星系間質子有源電 TENTICAL廣告機器人了!,喜我達斯哈靈頓達斯哈靈頓的星系間質子動力電動觸手廣告機器人了商場和月球基地!並由於亂碼子空間傳輸,我們目前積壓在所有星系際質子動力電氣廣告機器人了!我在這裡通過儲蓄到yooouuuuu!...星系間質子動力電動觸手廣告的機器人了。星系間質子技術電氣觸手廣告機器人了!星系間質子有源電 TENTICAL廣告機器人了!,喜我達斯哈靈頓達斯哈靈頓的星系間質子動力電動觸手廣告機器人了商場和月球基地!並由於亂碼子空間傳輸,我們目前積壓在所有星系際質子動力電氣廣告機器人了!我在這裡通過儲蓄到yooou
  7. >.< *face palm* >.<
    >.< *face palm* >.<

Love the siggy sally
  8. Incubating...
    Incubating...