Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mint.com - Thoughts?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Mint.com - Thoughts?

Advertisements
    I just read about it in a magazine (nothing to nerdy, I promise) but I wanted to see if anyone is currently using it? What your experiences are?

If you are not - what you do think of the structure?

UPDATE: I love it! Thanks ladies for all your input.
    Last edited by bubbleheadwife; 08-14-2009 at 07:45 PM.
  2. Regular Member
    I have never heard of it.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I've used it and like it - however it's really only useful if you don't use cash a lot. Or if your bank is internet connected. Because it won't allow you to put in manual transactions at all. So if your bank isn't linked to their site (like my credit union isn't) or you tend to use cash a lot - it's for the most part useless as it won't track your money properly to be able to get the full benefit of their services.
  4. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    I've also never heard of it.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanie. View Post
    I've used it and like it - however it's really only useful if you don't use cash a lot. Or if your bank is internet connected. Because it won't allow you to put in manual transactions at all. So if your bank isn't linked to their site (like my credit union isn't) or you tend to use cash a lot - it's for the most part useless as it won't track your money properly to be able to get the full benefit of their services.
    Very true.

I like it.
    ★RagaBabe Cloth Diapers Grand Opening www.ragababe.com
  6. Senior Member
    DH and i just started using it last weekend. so far, we like it. we hardly ever use cash, so it works well for us. it has also allowed DH to see how much he really spends, which i've been having a hard time getting through to him. it's better coming from a "third party" and he can really see the numbers and figures.

i hope we keep using it!

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I really, really like it.

I RARELY spend cash, so it works great for me..... makes it SO much easier to budget because it provides visuals of your spending.

Until I started using Mint last year, I had NO IDEA how much money I blew on shopping and eating out

It's DEFINITELY helped me curb my spending and be more responsible with my money. I don't use it all the time... but I check it periodically.
  8. team jacob :)
    team jacob :)
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I really, really like it.

I RARELY spend cash, so it works great for me..... makes it SO much easier to budget because it provides visuals of your spending.

Until I started using Mint last year, I had NO IDEA how much money I blew on shopping and eating out

It's DEFINITELY helped me curb my spending and be more responsible with my money. I don't use it all the time... but I check it periodically.
    Same here.
  9. (i carry it in my heart)
    (i carry it in my heart)
    I love the idea... I tried it, but it wasn't compatible with Key at the time (idk if it is now) so it wasn't much help. Now that we no longer use Key Bank, maybe we'll try it again.
    Oh, hey. I'm back!
  10. BSS
    <3
    <3
    I've been using it for about 2 years. It's a really good tool since it gives a good idea on net worth (shows CC debt, student loans, savings, checking) in one quick view. It makes it convenient to keep an eye on any dormant accounts I have in case there's any suspicious activity that may come up.

I had DH sign up for his own mint account and ever since he's been spending less.

Happily married to the sweetest man.

no more ticker he is home <3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast