Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Question How do you

Advertisements
    save money!!! Weve been trying our hardest, it just isnt working the way we want it to!!!
  2. Formerly "Chels"
    Formerly "Chels"
    Blog Entries
    Are you saving money to buy something? Or just trying to build up extra cash in your account in case you ever need it?
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Saving money as in not spending it once it's in a savings account or cutting back spending to have money to put in a savings account?
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    We are trying to just keep money so we can have it!
    we are still young and we just got into the military lifestyle and im so tired of living paycheck to paycheck! its just starting to get hard! I mean everytime we get paid it goes to bills or food!
  5. missin my Old Kentucky Home far away
    missin my Old Kentucky Home far away
    I used to make myself pay my savings account like it was a bill. I saved up a lot of money but my mom took it all. but that is how I do it when I need money! LOL!
  6. Formerly "Chels"
    Formerly "Chels"
    Blog Entries
    Well...you have to eat to live and you have to pay bills. Start planning to not spend say...50 bucks from every paycheck if you want to build your money...but when you have bills, children, etc it's not that easy to save. Especially if he's just getting in.
  7. Senior Member
    What we do(and we where in your boat about 3 years ago) is I right down EVERYTHING I buy, it really makes you notice all the BS you buy. And when we first started doing this, I canceled our debit/credit cards from the bank so we if bought something it had to be with cash. It also cut down on BS buying because if it was something I didn't HAVE to have I usually didn't feel like driving to the ATM to take cash out. It really helped us save and now we dont live pay check to pay check, which means basically no fighting about money, and we are just overall happier.
  8. Regular Member
    What my husband and I did was we would put 20% of each of our paychecks into our savings account that we do not have a debit card for. We never really touched this money because everything came out of our checking account with USAA. My husband is only an E-4 but I made decent money and we saved 19K in a year and are still going strong. By having extra money it has made us happier and we find that we get into less arguments over stupid things. What also helped us is by not having any bills. We paid of things that we were paying on monthly such as his old loan that was 200 a month. By getting rid of that expense that allows for you to put that money into savings. good luck....even if it is only $50 each paycheck you have to start somewhere
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    DH has an allotment that goes to savings. It comes out first so I never even think about it. I just budget from the money left after the allotment.
  10. His Sunshine
    His Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Ski View Post
    DH has an allotment that goes to savings. It comes out first so I never even think about it. I just budget from the money left after the allotment.
    This is us! We also use the allotment system so we never "see" the money and easier not to worry about. I also have a separate transfer to our IRA with our bank.
    "We should not let our fears hold us back from pursing our hopes." -JFK
    "I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it." -Marilyn Monroe

Our first and everlasting hug on March 27, 2005.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast