Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: How difficult is it to change accounts?

  1. I Check PerezHilton Before CNN
    858Smith's Avatar
    858Smith is offline
    I Check PerezHilton Before CNN
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Me: Mississippi Him: Iraq
    Posts
    710
    #1

    How difficult is it to change accounts?

    Advertisements
    I need to change our savings to a checking (don't ask), but my husband's pay gets direct-deposited into that savings. He has the Eagle card (or whatever you call it when they're AD) and I'm gonna tell him to take out enough cash to keep him going until we change it on MyPay.

    How long and annoying is that process and does HE need to do anything?

    Any help would be appreciated!
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    rosebud*'s Avatar
    rosebud* is offline
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    [communist china]
    Posts
    32,703
    #2
    its not that difficult. He needs to go to mypay and input the new account info. when he does it will let him know when it will be effective. if you did it now I think it might hit the new account on the 15th, but I can't remember the dates they tell you to do things by.
    However keep the other account open (obviously) till you start getting your pay to the new account.


    I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

  3. I Check PerezHilton Before CNN
    858Smith's Avatar
    858Smith is offline
    I Check PerezHilton Before CNN
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Me: Mississippi Him: Iraq
    Posts
    710
    #3
    Thanks so much! He told me it was an annoying process, but I think he did that to get on my nerves
  4. Senior Member
    Saigon's Avatar
    Saigon is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16,586
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    its not that difficult. He needs to go to mypay and input the new account info. when he does it will let him know when it will be effective. if you did it now I think it might hit the new account on the 15th, but I can't remember the dates they tell you to do things by.
    However keep the other account open (obviously) till you start getting your pay to the new account.
    Well said

    I think if you get it changed over by the 6th or 7th, it will hit on the 15th in the new account. But I could be wrong

  5. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    rosebud*'s Avatar
    rosebud* is offline
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    [communist china]
    Posts
    32,703
    #5
    it takes less than 3 min lol. he probably just doesn't want to be bothered doing it. men


    I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

  6. Senior Member
    Saigon's Avatar
    Saigon is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16,586
    #6
    Or wait....are you wanting to change an existing Savings account into a checking?

    Not sure THAT is possible.

    Your OP is a bit confusing.

  7. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    rosebud*'s Avatar
    rosebud* is offline
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    [communist china]
    Posts
    32,703
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Saigon View Post
    Or wait....are you wanting to change an existing Savings account into a checking?

    Not sure THAT is possible.

    Your OP is a bit confusing.
    hmmm good catch. that isn't possible. You have to open a checking account that will be different from your savings account ( different account number and all that)


    I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

  8. Senior Member
    Saigon's Avatar
    Saigon is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16,586
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    hmmm good catch. that isn't possible. You have to open a checking account that will be different from your savings account ( different account number and all that)
    Yeah, if he doesn't have an actual checking account already open in his name...then it can get hairy.

  9. I Check PerezHilton Before CNN
    858Smith's Avatar
    858Smith is offline
    I Check PerezHilton Before CNN
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Me: Mississippi Him: Iraq
    Posts
    710
    #9
    Sorry! No, I need to just need to open a whole new account. Thanks again!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •