Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAYDAY we have a problem!

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Shock MAYDAY we have a problem!

Advertisements
    Ok so.

I got up this morning hoping SO got paid and he did. So I start paying off the few bills we have.

Electric- 85
    Cable- 120 Something
    Lot Rent 269
    Needs-110
    Pets-12 for cat rat food, 32 For cat food/litter/and a toy.
    Wants-ONLY 8 Dollars.
    Thats around about 520 dollars. Makes no sense to me.

At least all but one bill is caught up and no more late fees.

And then I go to check the ATM after I go pull out the money for the Lot rent and realize. Theres only 180 LEFT! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last three paydays the total has been around 1300 and sometimes a tad more.

Where did all the money go?! After all that there is only 6 dollars left. I dont get it. Not that I care honestly but I had every payday budgeted and this just cut into all my plans. Not to mention (Yes I know I need to quit) But I have NO, and I mean NO Money for smokes because I put food and the things I needed first. *head desk* I cant even send another care package to my baby till next payday.

*groans*

Could it be that his divorce was finalized? Would they cut his pay back down even knowing he has a kid? A mortgage and bills to pay?

Help O.o *whimpers*
  2. I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    I would look at his les.
  3. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    what was his pay when it hit the bank was it the usual amount or less? did he take money out?
    his pay won't go down just because of a divorce. he will get dependent BAH because he has dependents ( child)
    check the account and see what has gone through.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    sorry hun..don't have any answers for you...just but i hope you all get everything figured out
  5. Senior Member
    You should check his LES.

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    what was his pay when it hit the bank was it the usual amount or less? did he take money out?
    his pay won't go down just because of a divorce. he will get dependent BAH because he has dependents ( child)
    I have NO access to his bank account, only his card. So Im completely in the dark here. I seriously doubt his ex has access to his account. And how would he be able to take money out, over 500 dollars?, when he hasn't even gotta card over there where he is.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    to the bolded this is untrue- if he is E5 or above he will be entitled to ONLY BAH with out dependants UNLESS he has physical custody of the kids.

If he is e4 or below he will need to show proof of child support ( court order_ and he will then be entitled to 235.00 a month for BAH ll. regardless of the chidl support amount.

this is clearly written in the JFTR.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I'm just confused as to how you went 3 paydays without balancing your bank account. Am I reading this wrong?
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by *Pamela* View Post
    I'm just confused as to how you went 3 paydays without balancing your bank account. Am I reading this wrong?
    Here is what I do each payday. I check the amount via the ATM. I have no other way of checking it as its my fiance's account and he didn't have the chance to put me on it before he had to leave. We only just got back together before he left and it all happened pretty fast.

He has been getting paid 1300 something each payday and I have been keeping it pretty "balanced" so to speak with limited resources. All bills are paid off (Except his freaking Bowflex). So nothing in that department is wrong. Its the fact that this particular payday was short almost half of his normal pay. That's what's freaking me out. I have NO idea where that money could of gone. I know his ex doesn't have access to his account, heck neither do I except he left his card with me to pay bills. His divorce may have gone through but I doubt they would have cut his pay knowing (documented) he is paying child support.

So Im at a complete loss here.
  10. I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend.
    I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend.
    He doesn't have online banking he could use? How long has he been divorced? Was he receiving BAH for being married after the divorce went through? If they got divorce papers saying you were divorced in March, and now its June, they'll take back all that BAH you got.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast