Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Agreement forms for selling an ATV?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Question Agreement forms for selling an ATV?

Advertisements
    Last edited by kristen524; 01-06-2010 at 02:31 AM.
  2. Junior Member
    Thanks for the excellent question! Congratulations on finding a buyer for the ATV. I’m glad you are making sure to put something in writing as to the purchase agreement. While I am not an attorney and cannot provide legal advice, there are a few things I want you to consider from a financial perspective. Definitely do not transfer ownership of the ATV until the agreed upon amount is totally yours. Also, if you currently have some sort of operating expense such as insurance or storage on the ATV, make sure to factor that into your deal if able to avoid you incurring that expense.

The type of purchase agreement you are describing is knows as an installment sale. Try searching for “purchase agreement for installment sale” on your search engine of choice. I found a few good possibilities when I completed the search. I think you will too. Once you decide on the form to use, try running the final draft by the JAG to provide a quick legal opinion. USAA provides a few resources at usaa.com for third party services that may assist you such as www.Legaldocs.com, www.legalzoom.com, and www.Americas-documents.com to name a few.

Rich Lunsford is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM practitioner with USAA Financial Planning Services, one of the USAA family of companies. Rich holds the Series 7 and 66 securities licenses. Rich also holds the designations of Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®), Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®), and CHARTERED RETIREMENT PLANNING COUNSELOR (CRPC®).

Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. owns the certification marks CFP® and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ in the United States, which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.
    Need some money advice? USAA’s Rich Lunsford is here to help. Whether its investment advice, mortgages, college finances or deployments, he’s your money coach for any question you may have so just “Ask Rich!” Click here to submit your question to CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Rich Lunsford or participate in the discussion.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Thank you!