Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tax 1099 question

1. Senior Member

Tax 1099 question

Advertisements
    I know we have some tax experts on here so I figure I'll ask this.

I just (like this morning) got a 1099 from a company I wrote for last year. I wasn't the best at keeping records of everything, but I have every invoice I sent them. I made the total $600 even from them. So when the W2/1099 deadline passed, I contacted my editor and asked if I should be getting one. She talked to accounting who confirmed that I got $600 and said I wouldn't have got one because it was only "over $600" who got them. I thought it was $600 and over, but whatever.

So I put it in misc. income.

Fast forward to today. I get a 1099 for $1125. There is no way I made that much from them last year. So now I'm at a loss. Can they even send me a 1099 this late? I mean, aren't they required by law to send it by February 2nd this year? I confirmed with them AFTER this date that I wouldn't be receiving one.

What is my responsibility at this point? I have an email in to my editor to see if she will give me the accounting depts's contact so I can talk to them about where this $1125 number came from when I'd been told it was $600 only a few weeks ago (and why the heck I didn't get a 1099 when everyone else did- my editor had received hers before I contacted her in early February).
  2. Senior Member
    because it got lost immediately