Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Early Separation to Further Education

1. Senior Member

Early Separation to Further Education

Advertisements
    Does anyone have any personal or secondhand experience with getting an early separation to further education? DB's terminal leave would have him getting out like literally 3-5 days after the start date for the police academy. The next academy is really far away from us so he'd have to wait at least 3 months to go, during which he wouldn't be paid, which would also delay him starting to work afterwards. He can't test to get in until he comes home on summer leave so he wouldn't be able to request early separation until about a month and a half before he would need to be separated. I don't know if that's even possible. Any thoughts?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

He's going to have to talk to his command. There are exceptions and waivers for everything. If the extra few days is in addition to the max 60 days his command could probably swing justification for an additional few days (they can for emergencies), if he is going to have them. It's all going to depend on his command and their awareness of his plans. If they've known this is his plan it'll be more beneficial than showing up asking for a favor without any background, ya know?
  3. Senior Member
    He won't be taking the maximum 60 days of terminal leave; I think he will have like 45. He has to take leave this summer to do tests and interviews for the academy. We are still trying to figure out if it would be feasible with the academy's timeline and the sponsorship process but I will have him look at the forms and talk to his leadership.