Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: ETS Car Shipment

1. Senior Member

ETS Car Shipment

Advertisements
    It's been a HOT minute since I posted here, but figured I could get some solid advice. My husband is ETSing and we are leaving Ft Bliss and heading home to Ohio! We have been told that the Army will not transport any vehicles if it is state to state so we have started investigating. We have two vehicles, and one is rather old (2002). We really don't want to drive two cars back, especially the older one. His Dodge Journey doesn't have enough tow weight to pull our Honda so we are looking into alternatives. Does anyone have recommendations on how to get the second car home or a specific company you used?
    You know, when it works, love is pretty amazing. It's not overrated. There's a reason for all those songs.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Sorry, to hear what do you think the best type of advice would be for someone in your position? I've had other ask the same thing?
  3. Senior Member
    Financially it pretty much never makes sense to pay to ship a car. You are much better off selling it and buying something comparable when you arrive.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    you are looking at about $800-$1000 to ship it that far. You just have to search companies and get estimates and go with the lowest rate. Unless someone has a particular company.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  5. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Financially it pretty much never makes sense to pay to ship a car. You are much better off selling it and buying something comparable when you arrive.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.