Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Med board "results"

1. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries

Med board "results"

Advertisements
    For anyone following we finally got answers yesterday. DH will be separated with severance. Dod rated him at 20%. He's going to talk with the appeal attorney today just to see if they think he could get it raised 10% so he will be retired.
    VA rated him at 40%. I think we will appeal that one because they did not include his burn pits finding. They put it under as happening before active duty which he was exposed will deployed in Iraq.
    But if he accepts all this, he will be done with the military and starting leave by mid July.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

2. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    It is hard to get the 30% rating anymore. It is hard to get the 100% rating VA also. Did he report everything to the doctor when it happened?? That seems to be the biggest hurdle I see a lot people facing. They dont report everything right away and then the VA wont pick it up. My husband had to fight hard. Even being documented and being hit by an IED they didnt want to pick it up.
  3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Icryinbaseball View Post
    It is hard to get the 30% rating anymore. It is hard to get the 100% rating VA also. Did he report everything to the doctor when it happened?? That seems to be the biggest hurdle I see a lot people facing. They dont report everything right away and then the VA wont pick it up. My husband had to fight hard. Even being documented and being hit by an IED they didnt want to pick it up.
    We don't really think the 30% will happen now, but the peblo wants him to talk to the attorney before signing. Can't hurt to talk.
    We aren't trying to get 100% from VA, we think the burn pit will only add another 10%. On the other side if he doesn't accept he will be in the military longer, and might lose some job interests he has now. This process has been exhausting.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. Senior Member
    My ex husband was actually warned not to appeal his rating in case they decided to drop it further. His back is totally messed up, like he's lost two inches off his height due to spinal compression, he's not exaggerating his pain. I don't remember what rating he got because it was after we already split up but I specifically remember him telling me that he was told it would be better to deal with the VA after the process was final than to appeal it beforehand.
  5. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Can I ask about the burn pit thing? DH was at Balad for many months but I don't think that was part of his disability exam. I think they'd just come out with the burn pit registry when he got out
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  6. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac N Cheese View Post
    We don't really think the 30% will happen now, but the peblo wants him to talk to the attorney before signing. Can't hurt to talk.
    We aren't trying to get 100% from VA, we think the burn pit will only add another 10%. On the other side if he doesn't accept he will be in the military longer, and might lose some job interests he has now. This process has been exhausting.
    It is a difficult process for sure. I hope you guys get the answers and resolution you need.
  7. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Can I ask about the burn pit thing? DH was at Balad for many months but I don't think that was part of his disability exam. I think they'd just come out with the burn pit registry when he got out
    He had to have a breathing test done because he was in Iraq during 2008, he's no classified as having mild asthma from it. It's documented, so I don't know why it wasn't included in the happened during active duty list.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

8. Senior Member
    A severance isn't anything close to retirement so I'd try to get the 10% probably.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    My ex husband was actually warned not to appeal his rating in case they decided to drop it further. His back is totally messed up, like he's lost two inches off his height due to spinal compression, he's not exaggerating his pain. I don't remember what rating he got because it was after we already split up but I specifically remember him telling me that he was told it would be better to deal with the VA after the process was final than to appeal it beforehand.
    It really is. DH took the rating he was given and after he was out submitted the paperwork to get it increased to where should have been to begin with admitted even by people who help make the decisions. It took nearly as long as it took for the med board to happen for the increase to be official. But by waiting to submit the increase request he didn't have to deal with an appeal and mess with with all the nonsense of dealing with it all. It took a while due to where we live, but the process was much smoother.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-queen View Post
    It really is. DH took the rating he was given and after he was out submitted the paperwork to get it increased to where should have been to begin with admitted even by people who help make the decisions. It took nearly as long as it took for the med board to happen for the increase to be official. But by waiting to submit the increase request he didn't have to deal with an appeal and mess with with all the nonsense of dealing with it all. It took a while due to where we live, but the process was much smoother.
    this is what df was told to do.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast