Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Is this possible?

1. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Is this possible?

Advertisements
    This is gonna be vague but I'm trying to help some friends and I'm just ... kind of at a loss.

It's a couple who just had a baby recently, husband is E3 active duty. He says that he was supposed to get chaptered out for something or other, it was in the works, and then he was told by his command today that his ETS was actually 3 days ago. And he has to vacate his on-post housing right away.

Is this actually something that happens? He also said the military won't move him back to his HOR and they have no money ... I told them they need to talk to AER and he said they told him he can't get a loan with them. I don't know what else to tell them, although I kind of wonder if what they're saying is true (not necessarily that they're lying but maybe just don't understand exactly what's happening).

Someone suggested they could contact the Red Cross and they will liaise with AER to help them get a loan, is that an option for them? He has no money and says no way to get back to HOR.
  2. Moderator

I have seen a handful of people find out, after the fact, that they were discharged. There is a poster on here who posted about the exact same thing the other day.

They should've gotten the approval to move back to the HOR though. I don't know how that was overlooked and denied. There has to be a way to get them moved.
  3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Hmm ok, so is the command the one that approves the move back?

I must've missed that other thread, I've never heard of people finding out after the fact that they were discharged. He'd just been going to work like normal.
  4. Moderator

Yep, that's totally like the other poster's husband!

I would think he would have to go to DMO/TMO or whoever does move outs for that branch.
  5. Moderator

Setting Up Military Move

She updates down the thread that he was actually separated before they found out.
  6. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Thank you so much for that info!!

Wow that sounds awful. I hope they can get the move taken care of because they don't have enough to wait to be reimbursed. I can't believe this actually happens to people.