Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: The ball is rolling...quickly.

1. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

The ball is rolling...quickly.

Advertisements
    Well DH got his separation orders last Monday. My last day at work is the 1st. Movers are scheduled For May 5th. Gave our notice to housing. Got approved for an apartment in Salt Lake City ( just waiting on Lincoln military housing to verify our rental history with them, credit and background check were good ). Move in on the 11th and the drop off with the movers is the 14th. Dh will still be in San Diego until the 15th. And I start my new job on the 18th.

We have so much going on its unbelievable. DH got confirmation from the personal property and the moving company that they will move his motorcycle, which is a huge relif, as I thought we would have to pay to have it shipped ourselves. My dad is also flying out to San Diego to drive with me to Salt Lake City.

The leasing office for the place in Salt Lake City has been so helpful it's actually unbelievable. She has made everything so easy. The only downside is because the apartment will actually be ready on the 8th we have to pay for those days. That's why I'm leaving so early. We dealt with one sketchy realtor and are probably going to be out the application fees ( he wanted us to send $1200, on top of the $80 we already paid in application fees,to him for the security deposit before they would even run the application to approve us ). So it was a blessing this other place has been so helpful. We were starting to really worry we wouldn't find anything.

I could have never imagined it would be this easy. If you would have asked me six months ago, I was planning on living with my dad in Michigan until we found jobs somewhere.
  2. Senior Member
    I'm so happy everything is falling into place for you

3. Senior Member

Congrats it is all working out!
    Deployment #1: Over!

DB: feck fuck fack Me: What? DB: I can't believe I love you so damn much

Extended separation #2: Over!
  4. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  6. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Thank you, ladies. We feel so blessed right now.
  7. Senior Member
    Wow! I got overwhelmed reading your tasks and dates You gots this. Very excited for you.
  8. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSoap View Post
    Wow! I got overwhelmed reading your tasks and dates You gots this. Very excited for you.
    It can seem overwhelming at times . But, I think we've done enough planning and have enough leeway that if anything went wrong we have plenty of time to make adjustments. Plus my dads coming to help and we have friends out here that are willing to house me for a couple of days after the movers take everything.

My biggest concern is the final move out inspection and getting our apartment ready for that. That's why we have the movers coming so early. It'll be easier to clean everything without all our junk in the way. I'm tryingggg to purge, big time, but Dh is making that so difficult. He doesn't want to get rid of anything. I live with a borderline hoarder, I swear