Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Things are getting real.

1. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    I am sooo happy for you guys! Seriously! SLC is sooo pretty and honestly one of the few places I would consider leaving San Diego for.
    I looked up the company (saw it on FB) and they're a partner of the company Geoff works for All these Navy guys in the same industry. I'm really glad Orien worked out for you guys too.

Is he going to have any sort of national/international work?
    Thank you!!!! We're over-the-moon excited. That's crazy that they work with G's company! We were there for literally 28 hours and I fell in love. We both did. The whole experience with orien was amazing. This guy would answer DHs emails at 10pm. He was so supportive and there at every step. He really helped coach these guys. 9 people went to salt lake, 7 got hired.

The level that he is at right now (non-management), no travel is required. Maybe a couple of years down the road. But nothing right away, not even domestic travel. It may be kind of selfish, but he just got home from deployment in August and has hardly been home, I would be sad if he had to travel.
  2. I'm so much cooler online
    I'm so much cooler online
    That is awesome! I love SLC it's on our list of possible retirement places since DH and I are both from Utah. I'm glad everything is falling into place so smoothly
  3. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbynormal View Post
    Thank you!!!! We're over-the-moon excited. That's crazy that they work with G's company! We were there for literally 28 hours and I fell in love. We both did. The whole experience with orien was amazing. This guy would answer DHs emails at 10pm. He was so supportive and there at every step. He really helped coach these guys. 9 people went to salt lake, 7 got hired.

The level that he is at right now (non-management), no travel is required. Maybe a couple of years down the road. But nothing right away, not even domestic travel. It may be kind of selfish, but he just got home from deployment in August and has hardly been home, I would be sad if he had to travel.
    Oh I totally understand not wanting him to travel! It seems like this industry can require a lot of it though so I was hoping it wasn't going to be nuts for you guys. Out of the ~13 guys who work the same job as DH, he travels the least out of all of them and it still seems like a moderate amount to me!
    Are you gonna transfer to a place out there too?
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  4. Senior Member
    He got the call last night. He was officially offered the job in Utah!! Start date is June 8th. That seems soo freaking close.
    That's so exciting.

“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
    ― Rose Kennedy
  5. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Oh I totally understand not wanting him to travel! It seems like this industry can require a lot of it though so I was hoping it wasn't going to be nuts for you guys. Out of the ~13 guys who work the same job as DH, he travels the least out of all of them and it still seems like a moderate amount to me!
    Are you gonna transfer to a place out there too?
    I'm going to try!! Utah is where Marriott started so there are tons of opportunity out there for me. Central reservations , marriott rewards, and vacation planning are all out there; I really want to get into reservations. I still have to apply and interview but if I got a job it'd be considered a transfer. If not, there is tons of hotels out there. The hard part is timing. I don't want to apply to early. If it comes done to them not wanting to hold a spot for me, I'll move early, and DH will stay on the ship. His end of service date is June 17th so he'll still be getting a pay check if it comes to that.
  6. Moderator

Congratulations on your husband's job offer!

That's awesome!
  7. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I don't think that's selfish at all! When DH got his first job they were talking about sending some people to Afghanistan and I was like "nooooo he just got back." Luckily he didn't have to do any travel. IT's totally normal to want him home!
  8. Senior Member
    Congrts to your DH! How exciting for you guys!
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  9. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Awesome news!!! I'm so happy for you guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justangelyn View Post
    That is awesome! I love SLC it's on our list of possible retirement places since DH and I are both from Utah. I'm glad everything is falling into place so smoothly
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost&faraway View Post
    That's so exciting.
    Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    Congratulations on your husband's job offer!

That's awesome!
    Thank you, everyone. We're so excited. I appreciate all the good vibes and support, more than you will ever know!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    I don't think that's selfish at all! When DH got his first job they were talking about sending some people to Afghanistan and I was like "nooooo he just got back." Luckily he didn't have to do any travel. IT's totally normal to want him home!
    I know that DH would love to do some traveling (6 years and 2 deployments in the navy isn't enough for a while????) but I'm over all the lonely nights by myself.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345