Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Later Than...

1. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

No Later Than...

Advertisements
    DH got his NLT date. May 8th, he will no longer be in the Army

Right now he's having to just go through all the processes of getting out, there are a couple of classes he has to take, he filed all his paperwork and he's putting in for jobs. He even had to get some nice clothes for these classes he's going to, he cleans up well

I am nervous though about him finding a job. He put an application in through USA Jobs and met the hiring manager and everything because they're right there in the same building as the dispatch office he works in but the website kicked his application back as under qualified so the hiring manager can't even pull it now. Dang federal job website

I'm sure he'll find something quick. He's positive and that helps me stay positive but it's still a scary thing. It's just becoming a crazy reality that he's going to be full fledged civilian in about 2 months.

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

That's exciting and scary! Hope he's able to find a job fast!
  3. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Equal parts terrifying and exciting!
  4. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Congrats!!
    Is he doing TAPS class? I went with DH and actually learned a ton, it was super interesting.

Also, I do HIGHLY recommend headhunting companies. It seriously made the difference between DH getting a new career and working minimum-wage retail. If you want more info, let me know.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Sending and that the process moves as smooth as possible and your DH is able to find a job very quickly after separating.

6. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by CC22 View Post

That's exciting and scary! Hope he's able to find a job fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    Equal parts terrifying and exciting!
    It is definitely exciting yet terrifying at the same time thanks ladies

Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Congrats!!
    Is he doing TAPS class? I went with DH and actually learned a ton, it was super interesting.

Also, I do HIGHLY recommend headhunting companies. It seriously made the difference between DH getting a new career and working minimum-wage retail. If you want more info, let me know.
    I've heard the term "head hunting" and never understood the actual practice so the info would be awesome to have

And I thinkkkk that is the class he's taking, don't quote me on that though he's going through so many different things I can't even keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Special View Post
    Sending and that the process moves as smooth as possible and your DH is able to find a job very quickly after separating.
    Thank you

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    How scary and exciting! Good luck to you guys!
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Congrats!!

Can I have headhunting info too?
  9. Senior Member
    That's really exciting, OP! DH is looking to get out too. I am really excited and scared at the same time
  10. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    I've heard the term "head hunting" and never understood the actual practice so the info would be awesome to have
    Well, from what DH experienced, headhunting companies are hired by corporations to find candidates for openings. They get commission (usually) if their chosen person gets hired so they try really hard to find you a job that you are qualified for and willing to do. DH had a huge 2 day job fair he went to, interviews all over, he got resume and interview assistance. He was pretty strict about what jobs he was willing to take (had to be in San Diego, had to pay at least 45K, had to not involve a crap-ton of travel) so he took longer than average to find a job but the headhunters he worked with were understanding and busted their butts for him. A lot of the jobs they are trying to fill are never even posted publicly. If Dh had to find a job on his own, I'm 100% sure he would have ended up at gamestop or best buy or something. It can be so hard to find career-level jobs and translate military experience to civilian. FTR, Dh used Orion.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast