Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you advertise jobs to guys who are getting out??

1. Senior Member

How do you advertise jobs to guys who are getting out??

Advertisements
    Oh all knowing MSOS ladies...I know that if there is an answer to this question, one of you lovely ladies will have it

My Aunt has a crap ton of internship spots to fill at her company...she works for a very large tech firm. She would prefer to fill them with guys who are getting out of the military. Is there like a military equivalent of a college placement office or something that she could call and tell about the internship opportunities so that they can get it out to guys that would qualify?

DH is out in the field so he is no help. go figure!
  2. Senior Member

Theres a new website called RallyPoint that's a networking site for veterans.

https://www.rallypoint.com/careers/c..._opportunities

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HazeGray View Post
    Theres a new website called RallyPoint that's a networking site for veterans.
    Thank you! Do you know if there is anything within the military? I have heard that when you are getting out there are people who will help you put together a resume or something...do they also help with finding jobs/internships?
  4. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by RetepDoc View Post
    Thank you! Do you know if there is anything within the military? I have heard that when you are getting out there are people who will help you put together a resume or something...do they also help with finding jobs/internships?
    The Navy (not sure about other branches) requires you go to a week long class (TAP - Transition Assistance Program), but as of a year or so ago, they stopped allowing business recruiters to present during TAP.

Fleet and Family Service (again, I don't know the equivalent for the other branches) might be a good connection. They're the ones who will help you write a resume, they might help make connections too.

5. Senior Member
    Is she near a specific installation by chance? I know the army has an ACAP office at every post that helps with transitioning soldiers. And at our last place the employment readiness office dealt with both spouses and soldiers.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    There are actually headhunting and employment firms that only deal with former military. Can't remember the names though.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Project Transition USA works to encourage networking between military and civilian organizations and announces career opportunities.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobysgal View Post
    Is she near a specific installation by chance? I know the army has an ACAP office at every post that helps with transitioning soldiers. And at our last place the employment readiness office dealt with both spouses and soldiers.
    Yes she is near Bragg which is where we are stationed at

Quote Originally Posted by Procella View Post
    Project Transition USA works to encourage networking between military and civilian organizations and announces career opportunities.
    Thank you! I will check it out
  9. Meet me underneath the Oklahoma sky
    Meet me underneath the Oklahoma sky
    ACAP. And DH just went through it. Maybe he just got a shitty instructor but his class was horrible. They give a generic list if employers that hire vets like Lowes in the paperwork and tell you to go to the VA. That might be a good place for her to check.

DH used his friends résumé that ETS'ed last year and got a reallllllly good job with it. Like excellent job and was highly recruited for jobs with this résumé. And the ACAP lady told him it was the worst résumé she had seen.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    DH has been using careerbuilder and monster.com to look for jobs.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast