Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Final paycheck

1. Senior Member

Final paycheck

Advertisements
    Dh got his last paycheck last week (retired Dec 31st) and it is HUGE!!! Dh is trying to figure out what is wrong because it's so much. We were expecting his usual pay +/- a few hundred... but it's three times as much. Is that typical? He thinks maybe they paid him for unused leave even though he was on terminal leave and used every singe day of his leave. I stuck it in savings for now until we know what for sure but was wondering if anyone here had this happen, also.
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Per diem, mileage, etc?
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Senior Member

Yeah, dh said that could be some of it, that wasn't my first thought because the kids and I moved in June and he joined us in September. It sure was a shock to see such a large deposit! He just informed me that he had emailed DFAS and they said his final LES will be mailed soon. I was wondering about that because MyPay has nothing!
  4. Banned
    Banned
    the leave break down can be confusing. and they earn leave while on leave- so even tho you say he used all his leave there is a very good chance he did not-
    say he had 60 days of leave on the books, then he was given 15 days admin leave, 10 days house hunting leave, 5 days travel time, 7 days proceed time,,,, he is earning leave for almost 4 1/2 months- which is another 8 days of leave.
    then if they only allowed him to take a max of 60 days and he had 74 days on the books he would get paid for that.
    then all the travel money, per diem, MALT, Partial PPM money, if you traveled separately your Per diem would have been different and they would not have paid that difference until he completed HIS travel.
    AND with the audit they may have found where they under paid him for something sometime in the last 20 years

I know someone who got a 7,000 dollar final check.