Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Active Reserves?

1. Regular Member

Active Reserves?

Advertisements
    My DH is considering doing the voluntary separation option. He is wanting to go into the reserves. He would like to be able to do active reserves. Does anyone know how this works? is it hard to get a position? Any other information or experiences with separating from the military would be awesome too. Thanks!
  2. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Does he want title ten orders?
  3. Banned
    Banned
    are you talking about the active reserves that he will drill one weekend a month 2 weeks a year? or actually trying to get a full time reserve position?
  4. Regular Member
    I am not sure what title 10 orders are. Sorry I mean a full time reserve position.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    he needs to talk to a reserve recruiter. why does he want to get out only to be a fulltime reservist?
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    he needs to talk to a reserve recruiter. why does he want to get out only to be a fulltime reservist?
    Curious about this too. My husband was going to go full time support, but only if his PTS didn't get approved and he couldn't reenlist. Luckily it was approved though.
  7. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Quote Originally Posted by ttpoo View Post
    I am not sure what title 10 orders are. Sorry I mean a full time reserve position.
    I'm still confused as to what that means. Can you ask him what the official term is?
  8. Member
    Sounds like she is talking about an ART position, they get paid like active duty but are technically reserves. Those positions are few and far between, even less now after all the sequestration stuff.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kwickham View Post
    Sounds like she is talking about an ART position, they get paid like active duty but are technically reserves. Those positions are few and far between, even less now after all the sequestration stuff.
    what is ART? Wondering if it is different. Is your DH talking about Active Guard Reserves, AGR? If it is that then it's basically like active duty, you get the same retirement as AD and all that fun jazz. It really depends on your DH's job in the military how many AGR positions there are and what that all entails. For my DH it would be just as full time as AD, work everyday etc.
  10. Regular Member
    I will have to ask him the official term later he is at work right now. Part of the reason he wants to try to do full time with the reserves instead of being active duty is because he wants to be more settled now since we are having a baby. Plus he is miserable at his work here and can't seem to see past it. He has had no luck getting orders (even before all the sequestration stuff) and he is just sick of the way things are ran in his unit here and it is making him physically ill. I think he is also wanting to be closer to family. Plus his career field and rank are badly overmanned and he is afraid he will be forced out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast