Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Driving instead of flying after seperation

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Driving instead of flying after seperation

Advertisements
    So, I'm on terminal leave, heading out into the great beyond known as civilian life. I'm waiting for my appointment at PSD but I want to be prepared and not have to wait. I need to drive home, seeing as I am planning to schedule a move and the Navy won't move vehicles unless outside the country. So here's my question for you all:

What does driving home entail? I know you save your gas receipts etc for turning in later, but what all do I have to have with me at that appointment to facilitate the drive? My wallet was stolen three days ago, so all I have is my CAC and my bank card, since I'll be leaving too soon to get a new drivers license out to me. Do I need my driver's license with me for the appointment? Or do I need my ID number? Is that significant at all?
  2. Banned
    Banned
    for PCS travel ( including ETSing) your given a Flat rate allowance for mileage -- it is 24 cents a mile for each authorised mile.
    your also paid per diem for each authorized travel day ( 350 divided by the authorized miles = 1 day of travel); this is also a flat rate of 129 for the member.
    for these 2 allowances you do not need to show proof of where you spent the money-

if your doing a Partial PPM you will need weight tickets to get the reimbursement.

whether you need a DL will be up to your specific branch- I do not recall needing to show it - only copies of the registration to prove ownership of the Vehicle.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I have the proof of registration and the title, but it's in my husbands name, should that be a problem?
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by valorneptune View Post
    I have the proof of registration and the title, but it's in my husbands name, should that be a problem?
    this will not matter.