Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What to get for retirement?

1. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"

What to get for retirement?

Advertisements
    This might be the wrong forum.. if so, please move it..

I want to get my husband a gift for retirement.. but i'm at a complete loss. The couple things I thought of doing, he already bought for himself

I've never attended a retirement ceremony or party or anything.. so I haven't a clue what I'm doing..

Thoughts, suggestions, etc??

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  2. Senior Member
    Do you want it to be related to his service? I know a lot of people do coin and patch displays, or things like that. Watches also seem to be popular, as do military memorabilia (like an American flag flown during the civil war, or things like that).
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Do you want it to be related to his service? I know a lot of people do coin and patch displays, or things like that. Watches also seem to be popular, as do military memorabilia (like an American flag flown during the civil war, or things like that).
    These are all the things he has bought on his own........ he bought his flag, he already has his coin and patch disply case, and he has a ton of watches... so, hence.. why i'm at a loss...

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  4. Senior Member
    Is there a particular battle or period in history that he's interested in? I've seen many military gifts that were things like a gun used in the civil war or a piece of a ship used in a specific battle, or things like that. If he's into history, stuff like that would be good.

If it doesn't have to be military related, does he like cigars? Some cigars and a humidor make a nice gift.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    He does like history... I will see if there is anything else I can get that he doesn't already have... I do want to lean something more towards signifying his career... so more AF career related if I Can...

6. Senior Member
    I saw a really cool wood bar. It had carved crests of all the commands the person had been in over their career on the top and bottom and then in the middle the warfare insignia with the dates of service under it.