Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Looking for dads old Army buddies. Al Yemassee and Lawerence Griffen HELP!!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Help Looking for dads old Army buddies. Al Yemassee and Lawerence Griffen HELP!!

Advertisements
    My father, Robert E. Hansen was in the Army and posted at Fort Hood Texas from 1949-1953. While he was there he made some good friends and would like to try and reconnect with them once again. Although his memory is beginning to fail I do have some information about two of the men he is searching for. I am hoping someone might be able to help us find out something or even give me some info as to how to get some info about them! LOL

First man is Al Yemassee (not sure about the spelling it may be Allen or alan even the last name may be spelt differently) He went to Korea and my father only heard from him once after he left. Al was 5'9"ish, medium brown hair and had a very good build (when dad knew him) Dad thinks he may have been killed and he can not remember what state or town he was from. He does know that Al's father was in the Navy, had the same name as his son, served on the Arizona and was killed at Pearl Harbor.

The second man is Lawerence Griffin he was originally from the state of Maine just like my dad. Larry was in Company 634A AIB (armored infintry batallion) Dad says he became a chaplins assistant and he played the organ When dad knew him he was 6'1" or 6'2" trim, had dark brown hair and wore glasses.

This is all I have for now, if dad remembers anything else or if I come up with any other leads I will be back to post them.
    Thanks so much for your time and PLEASE any little thing might help me, so feel free to post it!!
    All my gratitude to the members of the military, Cassandra USA
  2. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaRocks View Post
    - was just going to make the same suggestion - TWS is awesome for helping people find one another
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thank you both so much I will try that and post back with a follow up!! :-)

5. Senior Member

I hope you've had some luck finding them!!