Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tips for easy transition??

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Cloud 9 Tips for easy transition??

Advertisements
    I am very new to this site and was hoping to get real life answers about transitioning from military to civilian life from you ladies that have been there, done that. My boyfriend has been in the Army for ten years and done multiple deployments to Afghanistan. I am beyond excited to have him come home but I am also very aware that this transition may come with some bumps in the road. He has suffered a few TBIs and also suffers from PTSD. He has made astounding improvements in the last couple months but I'm sure going from the military after that long, back to civilian life is going to be an odd transition for him. I have been trying to read and research things I can do, he can do or we can do together to help ease this transition but I'm not finding much. How can I make this transition the easiest it can possibly be for him? Thanks!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I would research the closest VA and see what programs they offer, even if he doesn't need them when he first gets back it might be helpful to know what is available. Other than that I have no idea but
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Great idea! Thank you!